Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Current State of the ZEV OZ9?

I have been comparing the Shadow systems, the ZEV OZ9 Combat and the Walther PDP at my LGS this week. I have to say I am really taken by the Zev. On this particular example it has the best trigger out of those three. To me the couple drawbacks are not having an ambi slide release and only some glock holsters will work with it. Love the feel of the gun along with the modular concept as well as the fact it would work with my 100 plus Glock mags that have been sitting unused since I bought the Q5 SF.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I have been comparing the Shadow systems, the ZEV OZ9 Combat and the Walther PDP at my LGS this week. I have to say I am really taken by the Zev. On this particular example it has the best trigger out of those three. To me the couple drawbacks are not having an ambi slide release and only some glock holsters will work with it. Love the feel of the gun along with the modular concept as well as the fact it would work with my 100 plus Glock mags that have been sitting unused since I bought the Q5 SF.
    The major downside to the Zev is many owners have reliability issues with them.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Its all roses on youtube brother. Every time I search something here it is like a reality check.

Its all roses on youtube brother. Every time I search something here it is like a reality check.
    People get sucked in because they shoot great. Buddy of mine who finished top 10 at Nationals screwed up a number of matches with his, and finally ditched the top end for a Glock OEM top end. Enos has a thread with the problems. Humble Marksman released a video like today on it, and had issues with his.

Site Supporter
    A CO GM squadded with me used one last week.

He had no issues I saw. FWIW. Now that I know it’s an $1800+ pistol - I should’ve asked his thoughts.
    God Bless,

Brandon

People get sucked in because they shoot great. Buddy of mine who finished top 10 at Nationals screwed up a number of matches with his, and finally ditched the top end for a Glock OEM top end. Enos has a thread with the problems. Humble Marksman released a video like today on it, and had issues with his.
    FTEs, early on, with the Humble Marksman review.

I want this gun to work. The concept of the modular frame Glock, plus the SCD, plus optional thumb safeties would please me in ways difficult to describe, but a near-2k Glock with reliability issues is a major drag.

The “Build Kits” don’t appear on the Zev site, and if I’ve got to stick a OEM Glock slide on the frame for it to function, it’s difficult to want anything other than a build kit.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/271394-zev-oz9/

So as luck would have it, on the MSP Alumni FB page this morning was a guy who chimed in about his newly broken barrel lug on his OZ9. I was amazed at the number of people who responded they had the same issue at around the 6-7,000 round mark. Back to the Shadow Systems or waiting on the PDP to get right? Maybe just Boresight solution one of my many Glocks and try that.

Maybe just Boresight solution one of my many Glocks and try that.
    I keep wanting to try a razorbacked glock but for the money i keep telling myself i should just shoot other guns instead of trying to make a glock like other guns. Vicious cycle.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

So as luck would have it, on the MSP Alumni FB page this morning was a guy who chimed in about his newly broken barrel lug on his OZ9. I was amazed at the number of people who responded they had the same issue at around the 6-7,000 round mark. Back to the Shadow Systems or waiting on the PDP to get right? Maybe just Boresight solution one of my many Glocks and try that.
    The Shadow seems to be as far as you can stray from a Glock and still have it run like a Glock.

User Tag List