Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Experience with - Missouri Bullet Company Unsized/Unlubed Bullets?

Any Experience with - Missouri Bullet Company Unsized/Unlubed Bullets?

Curious if anyone has used them.

The cost .45 230-grain RNs is almost $10/500 cheaper than just about anyone else. I didn't order any this time, because I don't have a .45 sizing setup right now. But it was tempting.

Worth the effort? Seems like MBC casts them pretty hard, which should reducing leading overall, right?

Site Supporter
    I have used the 230G "Softball" bullet (lead with the blue lube ring) with no issues. 5.4-5.6 of 231/HP-38. Feels like CCI Blazer Brass. 2K loaded max COAL 1.25 max would easily feed into my Kimber Series 1. FWIW

Accurate enough for 94%+ on an FBI qual out to 50 when I was a better man than I am now re 25+.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    I have used the 230G "Softball" bullet (lead with the blue lube ring) with no issues. 5.4-5.6 of 231/HP-38. Feels like CCI Blazer Brass. 2K loaded max COAL 1.25 max would easily feed into my Kimber Series 1. FWIW

Accurate enough for 94%+ on an FBI qual out to 50 when I was a better man than I am now re 25+.
    I ordered 500 Hi-Tek coated 'Softballs' to try out (groove-less). I think the as-cast unsized/unlubed bullets don't have the lube ring on them. But they have the groove (they also have a groove-less version available).

Ehh, when I have some more brass available, I may give them a try.

Any issues with leading?

Site Supporter
    No issues with leading at all.

Use them all the time in .44 Mag and .45acp.

The coated, grooveless 200 grain SWC is my go to bullet for. 45 handloads. (IDPA #1 I think)
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

MBC is my go go for 44 Mag and 460 S&W Mag. Great bullets, great price, great service. What's not to like?

I also like MBC — I’ve loaded tens of thousands of their H&G68 and this cool little 125 LSWC they used to make for 9. That is not answering Rob’s question. I would say this: that saving money by using an unsized, unlubed bullet seems pound foolish; and that if you call the folks at mbc they will give you the straight dope.
    Ignore Alien Orders

The only advantage I can see is if you are already set up/equipped to size and lube and you want to use your specific lube and bullet diameter. Bullet to gun fit trumps BHN for clean shooting. I have been casting and shooting many different calibers, to magnum velocities too, for many years and my main alloy is 11-12 BHN...

The $20 per case savings wouldn’t be worth it to me. You still have to size and add lube. To me, coated Bullets are the happy medium between price, accuracy, and not having to worry about leading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Site Supporter
    I'm done with lubed bullets. Coated bullets are truly the better mousetrap - far less smoke and fouling. I've used two of MBC's .38 125-grain bullets and also their 128-grain 9x19 SWC with complete satisfaction.

User Tag List