Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barrier Blind .223/5.56 Versus Service Handgun Penetration of House Walls

I'm interested in a quality #4buckshot performance and penetration of walls...
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Any type of bullet/projectile/shot load that would be expected to provide adequate terminal effects on an aggressive human adversary can also be expected to penetrate enough interior walls to potentially kill or seriously wound people several walls away. There is no magic bullet that provides adequate terminal performance if it hits the bad guy but acts like an airsoft BB if it misses. These are the risks of missing your target. #4 buckshot is not generally recommended for defensive use because it doesn’t reliably penetrate enough, so maybe it’s less of a risk to bystanders if you miss the bad guy and hit the drywall wall instead, but then you have a round that you can’t really count on to stop aggressive humans. Dr. Sherman House actually just posted on his Civilian Defender blog about a case in which a guy was shot in the face with two rounds of #4 buck and lived because all the damage was superficial. The guy went blind because pellets hit his eyes, but those were the only serious injuries.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Any type of bullet/projectile/shot load that would be expected to provide adequate terminal effects on an aggressive human adversary can also be expected to penetrate enough interior walls to potentially kill or seriously wound people several walls away.

Nuh-uh . . .

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/_A...438083/&page=1

Member of the General Population

Quote Originally Posted by Molon View Post
    🤣

User Tag List