Thread: Glock 17 gen 5 ejection issue

Glock 17 gen 5 ejection issue

Just got a new glock 17 and I believe there might be an issue with the ejector. Curious if anyone else has this happen or maybe it's just normal but when slowly or even just not really racking on it, the slide comes back and just stops it doesnt wanna throw out the live round and it has to be re-chamber. No issues with it when its actually being shot. Guns had less than 100 rounds thru it. Is it normal for the ejector to not wanna let go when just babying it?

If it is a Gen5 G17 with front serrations, then it has the new breechface cutout that improves ejection. You have to use more strength to overcome the extra tension compared to earlier Glocks.

I have a new Glock 17 gen 5 that I've had since 12/2019. It has been 100% with all types of ammo......plinking to self-defense ammo. I have provided a link about ejectors, not saying you have an ejector issue. Purely for informational purposes only. If your pistol is 100% on the range, can't ask for more than that.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns...21-/13-183968/

That is normal with the breech face cut.
    No problem at all.
    Rack it hard when you want to eject a live round.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_515 View Post
    Just got a new glock 17 and I believe there might be an issue with the ejector. Curious if anyone else has this happen or maybe it's just normal but when slowly or even just not really racking on it, the slide comes back and just stops it doesnt wanna throw out the live round and it has to be re-chamber. No issues with it when its actually being shot. Guns had less than 100 rounds thru it. Is it normal for the ejector to not wanna let go when just babying it?
    Yes, it is normal, especially if it is one of the newer guns with the improved breech face cut.

The ejector and extractor are designed to work at the speed generated by the recoil of a round being fired. I.e. a quick hit vs a slow push when hand cycling.

Glocks are made to be run hard like you are driving a rented sports car in a Sammy Hagar video.

It's normal. That's how they were able to fix the brasskkake problem. Can't believe some people on other forums complained and wanted the old breech face back.

User Tag List