Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tenicor CERTUM3

Tenicor CERTUM3

I'm new to CCW and have been researching this Forum for holster suggestions. I plan to carry a Gen3 Glock 19 strong side at 4-4:30. My question is this:

Why hasn't there been any discussion regarding Tenicor's new CETRUM3?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangtownmatt View Post
    I'm new to CCW and have been researching this Forum for holster suggestions. I plan to carry a Gen3 Glock 19 strong side at 4-4:30. My question is this:

Because it's new, probably not many out there yet.

Buy with confidence.

I haven’t used that model, but it looks like they took the Velo, removed the wedge, and added the adjustable camming bar.

I can’t imagine it wouldn’t be a winner, but if it isn’t they’ll give you your money back no questions asked.

Strong side holster with the ability to work with AIWB if you are so inclined. For those that want to try something without a body contour holster design / body wedge, looks like a good idea. I think many people buy an AIWB holster to find out the one that they bought really doesn't work for them. For those who want to try AIWB but also hedge your bets by having the holster work as a strong side rig, this looks like a great option from a strong, proven company.

Every Tenicor product that I've used has surpassed my expectations. Buy with confidence.

I currently don’t use a Tenicor product right now but have in the past and do want to try out their newer stuff. I don’t think you can go wrong, they make excellent products that are well thought out, designed and great quality. It all comes down to a personal thing and do they have something that fits what you are wanting.

Not to mention Jeff is a stand up guy and you would be supporting one of the good guys in the industry. Wish there were more business like this in the gun industry.

One of the few makers who I'll suggest.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

To be honest, I actually bought this holster the 2nd or 3rd day after it was announced. As I said, I'd been doing my research and was ready to pull the trigger on anothe, but when I saw the adjustabilty and flexibilty this holster offered I figured it was a safe choice for me. So many other holsters cater to those who already know what works for them (cant, position, etc). But what drew me to this holster is also what scared me. Sometimes, when a product tries to do too much it doesn't do anything particularly well. And that's why I wanted to hear some feedback. But from the little experience I have I can say I've worn this holster comfortably all day at 4:30 with my Glock 19. I probably would have removed it a couple times but those T1 clips are a bear to get off my 1.5" KORE Essentials belt. But like everything practice, practice, practice.

I hope there is further discussion.

Sometimes, when a product tries to do too much it doesn't do anything particularly well.

You gotta look at how it tries to do all of those things first. The base of any good AIWB holster is a good IWB holster. The distinction between IWB and AIWB is having features specific to AIWB. In this case it's the cam bar. Others use wings. Either way, the addition of these to an IWB holster results in a thinner AIWB holster and all of the benefits that come with that. It is a little wider, but even for smaller waisted women, the width is far, far less of a concern and the lost thickness is the greatest benefit.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Not sure, probably because its new and secondly because it is essentially an update to the previous version. I have one I am trying AIWB with a G48/G43X. I can't tell you how it carries any other way than that but I like it. I do have some experience with the previous Certum at 4:30 before I gave it to my brother and that holster was excellent this one will likely carry about the same. You will like the interchangeable wedges that create or reduce tuck of the grip or inward rotation and some of the adjustability in the cant.

For those that might want to look at it for AIWB and are on the fence it carries really well you just need to add your own wedge or not if you don't like them. So if you were like me and liked the Velo but sometimes found it a bit uncomfortable the Certum 3 is likely the answer. I only wish it would take DCC's new Monoblock but the holes don't witness proper in order to so maybe that is something Tenicor might look at in the future.

User Tag List