Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who do we like for .22lr 1911's?

Who do we like for .22lr 1911's?

Other than the classic (and expensive) Colt Ace, does anyone make a good .22lr 1911?

There's a lot of zinc pistols out there- are any any good?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

The answer to this one is "depends on what you want to do". If you want to shoot small groups, a Marvel Unit 1 or CW Accessories conversion kit is the way to go. Both are still in production unlike my old six-inch Kart conversion. If you want to plink, Advantage Arms, Tactical Solutions, and J.A. Ciener (since he got forced onto the straight and narrow) offer decent kits and Marvel offers the Unit 2. Kimber and Wilson have offered private label versions of others (from Ciener and Marvel), and those units are decent.

I have a Ceiner and a Marvel Unit 2 as well as the Kart in my safe. Both are good for trigger control work, which is primarily what I do with them. The Kart I used for Bullseye.

In any event, buy spare magazines once you decide as not all kits work with all magazines.

Site Supporter
    GSG 1911 in 22lr with the TandemKross accurizing kit and Dawson sights for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    GSG 1911 in 22lr with the TandemKross accurizing kit and Dawson sights for me.
    Is there a quantifiable difference with the TandemKross kit?

Thanks!

Site Supporter
    You could do some research on these guys:

http://www.nelsoncustomguns.com/

They seem like good guys, and they have a direct link with Bob Marvel.

Site Supporter

I have the Kimber

The Kimber has worked very well for me. With the proverbial sample of one, I've had no problems whatsoever.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I had the Kimber conversion kit, it worked very well. No last round hold open, but it was stupid accurate. Vaguely miss it to be honest.

I love my 1911 .22 gun. It's so heavy that there's no real recoil.

Name:  1911 22 rs.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  97.0 KB

I don't mean to be a troll but my answer is the Ruger Mk IV.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshmill View Post
    I don't mean to be a troll but my answer is the Ruger Mk IV.
    It's on the list, but I wanted to see if there's something equally worthwhile at about the same price.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List