Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Carrying and caring for the PDW

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    I like the way you roll!
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    Low
    Backpack
    Options

//snip//
    Thanks! Just ordered the Orvis pack. It’s on sale there for 109 and they give you a link to 15% off if you sign up for emails.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Thanks! Just ordered the Orvis pack. It’s on sale there for 109 and they give you a link to 15% off if you sign up for emails.
    It was $79 last week, but it is still a good value at what you paid. Next week they will send you an email with free shipping.

The thought of covertly armed fly fishermen, or fisher persons makes me chuckle for some reason.

Someone at REI is going to shit a brick when they find out what we actually use their packs for.

(I like REI but I dislike the political stance they take)
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerf16 View Post
    Someone at REI is going to shit a brick when they find out what we actually use their packs for.

(I like REI but I dislike the political stance they take)
    Someone should write an anonymous review talking about how well it conceals a rifle and “silencer.” Lol!

We could all pile on. It could be entertaining....

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    At 20L, so small no one expects the Rattler Inquisition...
    Fear and surprise! Surprise and fear!

Site Supporter
    My minimalist bag for carrying a Sig MPX is a single sling type bag made by Specialty Defense Systems. The bag has a primary pouch for the MPX alone, and a smaller secondary pouch for mags (conveniently, there are already mag pouches sewn into that pouch) and other small needful things.

After a little practice, it takes me about 6.5 seconds (at best) to whirl the bag around from back to front (one of the advantages of a single sling bag), unzip the primary pouch, draw the MPX, work the charging handle, extend the arm brace, and reliably hit a 6 inch steel plate 15 meters away.

Probably with some refinement and more practice I will improve that metric. The biggest hang ups I have encountered thus far are 1) dealing with the zipper to open the MPX compartment all the way in one stroke (I will probably get a longer lanyard for the zipper to make sure I can always get a good grip) and 2) maintaining sufficient tension as it is held open to ensure that no part of the MPX gets snagged (especially the brace) as it is being drawn from its compartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    Fear and surprise! Surprise and fear!

“Nobody expects the rattler inquisition!”

My 300BLK SBR is too long for the Orvis bag. I don’t have a Rattler and probably would choose a Honey Badger instead as I don’t trust Sig.

But for now the APC9 PRO fits with and without the Omega 9K.

User Tag List