Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Carrying and caring for the PDW

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Barrel is 8”. It’s 10.5” with the flash can. Folded OAL is a shade over 19”.

Rail is currently 9”. I have a 7” enroute that combined with the birdcage, will give me a shade under 9”. That will make the folded OAL about 17.5”. This should allow the gun to sit flat in the bag instead of on the diagonal.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Not quite sure if this is the right thread....

But does anyone have an idea for a low profile bag or case for transporting an 11.5in AR pistol with a SB SOB brace, and no LAW folder? While not really in the same class as what y'all are discussing, it's what I have and I want to make it work.

My wife and I headed over to a Steel Challenge match this afternoon, about 90 minutes away. I had the Rattler and my G43X. Turned out we were early, so went for a mountain hike. Got to the match, and realized while I had a pair of Gen 5 17 pistols with optics, I did not have a SINGLE Glock magazine that fit a 17. There were like 25 shooters there, and not a single other person was shooting a Glock or had a Glock magazine. One shooter, a lady, was late and we called her and asked her to bring me a few magazines, which she did.

Went to match away
    Happy with my Rattler near
    No Glock magazines
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My wife and I headed over to a Steel Challenge match this afternoon, about 90 minutes away. I had the Rattler and my G43X. Turned out we were early, so went for a mountain hike. Got to the match, and realized while I had a pair of Gen 5 17 pistols with optics, I did not have a SINGLE Glock magazine that fit a 17. There were like 25 shooters there, and not a single other person was shooting a Glock or had a Glock magazine. One shooter, a lady, was late and we called her and asked her to bring me a few magazines, which she did.

Went to match away
    Happy with my Rattler near
    No Glock magazines
    This story would've been a lot more exciting if it ended up with you shooting that SC match with the Rattler.

Otherwise, to avoid future nuisances like this one, I recommend getting a shovel and burying a few Glock mags at the range.

Each and every range you go to.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    This story would've been a lot more exciting if it ended up with you shooting that SC match with the Rattler.

Otherwise, to avoid future nuisances like this one, I recommend getting a shovel and burying a few Glock mags at the range.

Each and every range you go to.
    YVK, this was a very witty post for you. What would have made it even better, it is if you said buried the Glock magazines with a Glock shovel.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    YVK, this was a very witty post for you. What would have made it even better, it is if you said buried the Glock magazines with a Glock shovel.
    I thought it was a Glock entrenching tool?

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    But does anyone have an idea for a low profile bag or case for transporting an 11.5in AR pistol with a SB SOB brace, and no LAW folder? While not really in the same class as what y'all are discussing, it's what I have and I want to make it work.
    I’ve used one of these bags from Brownells. It’s designed to carry a 16” gun with upper and lower separated. I can put an 11” pistol with the SB brace collapsed inside.

https://www.brownells.com/shooting-a...prod41025.aspx

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Name:  84F82748-2D78-4ED0-BD69-D14759FF4484.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  31.2 KB

Violin case. Not good for all environments, but works.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Doing work out in the garage over the weekend, kids playing in yard. The compact 300blk remains HD perfection for my purposes.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    If you’re just looking for something to go from house to vehicle, or inside hotel rooms while being discreet I’ve been using an adidas tennis racquet bag I picked up at an outlet store like ten years ago to tote around full sized AK folders that are 26” long folded. They’ve never gotten a second look in those situations, but wouldn’t be ideal for something you could keep with you throughout the day.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

User Tag List