Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Carrying and caring for the PDW

Quote Originally Posted by underhook View Post
    I'm using a GoRuck GR1 with a Greyman panel for my SIG Rattler. The bag is super comfortable but the organization is limited.

I have a Vertex Ready Pack 2.0. The colors blend and the organization is good. I don't find it comfortable on my five walk.

Slings are fast but are not comfortable for more than car to home.
    Do you have a Greyman panel for the Ready Pack 2.0?

If so what size?

I didn’t think the Grey man guide to packs Was correct for the 2.0, seemed like it was based on 1.0.

For my ready pack. 2.0 I ordered the 8.875 X 17 RMP and it is the perfect size.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    Do you have a Greyman panel for the Ready Pack 2.0?

If so what size?

Can you install a PDW on a diagonal using the Gray Man panel?
    Everything I see is either Horizontal or Vertical.
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

Here's the 8.75 x 17 panel in the Ready Pack 2.0. I might have gotten away with a 9.25" x 17" straight version vs this that tapers at the top.

The bigger clamp here secures with two screws as you can see, and if you use both screws the orientation can only be horizontal. The grid has larger spacing vertically so you'd need a different panel to change the orientation (one of the wide panels, and then use it vertically if that makes sense). The smaller clamp I'm using to rest the barrel on secures with only one screw so it can be rotated to any angle.

Quote Originally Posted by md8232 View Post
    Can you install a PDW on a diagonal using the Gray Man panel?
    Everything I see is either Horizontal or Vertical.

Name:  IMG_5978.jpg
Views: 908
Size:  55.4 KB

I need to correct this, orientation can be horizontal or vertical using two screws.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    ...and if you use both screws the orientation can only be horizontal.

The Greyman RMP stuff looks pretty slick but after buying a rattler and a couple cases of ammo im now cheapskate.

$70 for Greyman rifle clamps? Naw, not when Quick Fist makes rifle clamps for $15 a set.
    https://www.quickfist.com/quick-fist-weapon-clamp.html

Now is it worth it to spend $47.50 on the RMP or just find some thick plastic locally and cut to size.

5.11 makes one that's the perfect size and half the price.

https://www.511tactical.com/hexgrid-insert.html

Last edited by Xhado; 05-23-2020 at 07:07 PM.

Yikes I didn't now the Quick Fist clamps were made elsewhere. What a markup!

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    $70 for Greyman rifle clamps? Naw, not when Quick Fist makes rifle clamps for $15 a set.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Yikes I didn't now the Quick Fist clamps were made elsewhere. What a markup!
    Yeah the difference is the speciality hardware, about $12 a mount or $36 for 3 to mount a rife.

If you buy everything separately it's $56 vs $70 (or $52 on sale). So it's pretty much a wash.

If you use your own frame sheet and hardware you're saving big.

Got an email earlier, Gear Head Works has some Gamuts in muted colors for a good price - $119

Optics Planet has extra bonus bucks applicable to a later, probably back ordered purchase. $123 for the blue and gray I ordered and pictured above. I paid the same but it was “see price in cart” then.

No affiliation with either, just enabling.

Another little day hike, 3mi 270ft climb with the missus in 85 degree weather to escape our Shelter In Place.

Now with the Grey Man panel to secure the Rattler in the Ready Pack 2.0. A bit of jogging on the downhill return. Still not using the waist or chest straps. Loving this carry solution. It can go anywhere.

User Tag List