Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Carrying and caring for the PDW

Y'all seen the Haley Strategic Flat Pack Plus?

https://haleystrategic.com/shop/soft...flat-pack-plus

In grey it doesn't have the molle or velcro on the exterior. This looks like a very solid option for PDW carrying that can also be expanded to haul travel gear if you want. The option to integrate a chest rig into it on the fly moves towards the extreme end of LARPing, but if you're using a PDW as a potential primary weapon and need a chest rig, this could be a nice option overall.

Edit: Ah, I just looked at the dimensions 14" tall...means it won't fit a Rattler straight up and down, at an angle though shouldn't be a problem (particular with a 20-rounder in place).

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Y'all seen the Haley Strategic Flat Pack Plus?

https://haleystrategic.com/shop/soft...flat-pack-plus

In grey it doesn't have the molle or velcro on the exterior. This looks like a very solid option for PDW carrying that can also be expanded to haul travel gear if you want. The option to integrate a chest rig into it on the fly moves towards the extreme end of LARPing, but if you're using a PDW as a potential primary weapon and need a chest rig, this could be a nice option overall.

Edit: Ah, I just looked at the dimensions 14" tall...means it won't fit a Rattler straight up and down, at an angle though shouldn't be a problem (particular with a 20-rounder in place).
    I bought a GR1 for that price, mega pass...

On a sidetrack, what are people carrying shockwaves/tac14s in thats convenient, meets legal requirements for a case in moderately restrictive states, yet doesnt attract much attention?
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I bought a GR1 for that price, mega pass...
    Gamut Checkpoint 30% off last weekend.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    To add to the picture library: a folded Mk18 in a Gamut Checkpoint. A measuring tape didn't help me anticipate how large the Checkpoint was - the thing dwarfs my uber-geek Jansport. I'm considering returning it and getting the Gamut 2.0, but I doubt a 1.5" difference is really going to look any smaller.

Name:  IMG_0898.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  43.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0897.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  40.7 KB
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    To add to the picture library: a folded Mk18 in a Gamut Checkpoint. A measuring tape didn't help me anticipate how large the Checkpoint was - the thing dwarfs my uber-geek Jansport. I'm considering returning it and getting the Gamut 2.0, but I doubt a 1.5" difference is really going to look any smaller.

Name:  IMG_0898.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  43.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0897.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  40.7 KB
    What barrel length gun do you have in there? Any chance you can provide the OAL when folded? That is a lot of extra space you are playing with! I have an Eberlestock x31 without the scabbard extended that is 22 inches high (same as checkpoint) and I feel it is really tall backpack for conventional edc. I just wish the Gamut 2.0 at 20.5 high fit an 11.5 barrel with law folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    On a sidetrack, what are people carrying shockwaves/tac14s in thats convenient, meets legal requirements for a case in moderately restrictive states, yet doesnt attract much attention?
    The difficulty is what constitutes a "case"

IL for instance has two definitions of a firearms case. One for general transport and one under the Wildlife Code (hunting regs):

The Criminal Code refers to “a case, firearm carrying box, shipping box, or other container.” However, the Wildlife Code is more specific, defining case as “a container specifically designed for the purpose of housing a gun or bow and arrow device which completely encloses such gun or bow and arrow device by being zipped, snapped, buckled, tied, or otherwise fastened, with no portion of the gun or bow and arrow device exposed.”
    That's straight from Illinois State Police - https://www2.illinois.gov/dnr/huntin...armLegally.pdf - They end up advising to just use the Wildlife Code definition to avoid any issues.

In this case (heh), I would try a bag that is specifically designed to carry/conceal a firearm. If you can demonstrate that the bag was purchased/intended/designed expressly for carrying a weapon, it's a "case".

Uke bag? https://suarezinternational.com/uke-...tac-14-tac-13/

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    What barrel length gun do you have in there? Any chance you can provide the OAL when folded?
    The barrel is 10.3". The length when folded is just a scooch over 20" with the beat-up tape measure I have.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I couldn’t resist the GoRuck sale. When I was buying my wife a GR1 in blue for her Rattler, I saw this Bullet 15L for y under $100. Carries the Rattler just fine and looks hardly bigger than the Fjallraven kid’s pack.

Name:  7C70775C-742E-48CD-8332-FDEA43BCF4CE.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  50.7 KB

Name:  CCE66901-C4C2-472D-872F-3813B9F125A5.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  66.0 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Under $100 is a great deal...

User Tag List