Thread: New Single Action Grips - Drool Inside

New Single Action Grips - Drool Inside

A while back I bought a Ruger Blackhawk bisley flat top in .44 Spl. It's my first single action and I've really enjoyed loading for and shooting it. Just a fun gun and fun guns are...well, fun. I didn't get the whole nerding out on single actions thing at first, but those stock Ruger grips were just kind of homely. Someone on a forum mentioned "Chig" making their grips. ??? I googled him and got sucked in, lost all sense of time and space looking at pictures and drooling over woods. Anyway, he turned this hunk of wood in to these grips for me, fitted to my grip frame that I sent him. Beautiful work and at very reasonable prices. Great communication and a nice dude. The wood is stabilized spalted maple.

Last edited by Adam; 04-22-2020 at 06:56 PM.

That is "hawt".
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    A while back I bought a Ruger Blackhawk bisley flat top in .44 Spl. It's my first single action and I've really enjoyed loading for and shooting it. Just a fun gun and fun guns are...well, fun. I didn't get the whole nerding out on single actions thing at first, but those stock Ruger grips were just kind of homely. Someone on a forum mentioned "Chig" making their grips. ??? I googled him and got sucked in, lost all sense of time and space looking at pictures and drooling over woods. Anyway, he turned this hunk of wood in to these grips for me, fitted to my grip frame that I sent him. Beautiful work and at very reasonable prices. Great communication and a nice dude. The wood is stabilized spalted maple.

Gorgeous grips. Beautifully executed! There is just something about a Bisley revolver in a caliber that starts with a "4"!!

That is incredibly beautiful.

Any info on price and how long it took to get them?

I'll be in my bunk.

Quote Originally Posted by FPS View Post
    That is incredibly beautiful.

Any info on price and how long it took to get them?
    Thank ya!

I shipped him my grip frame, then the cost for grips including shipping them and my frame back to me was $95 total for this wood. He has grips fitted to his shop frames and blanks in stock listed on his website as well. I saw some grips I liked, asked what kind of wood they were, he sent me a picture asking “how about this block” which I loved. He had me wait about a week and a half for the wood to arrive, then ship him my frame so he didn’t have my gun longer than needed. Total time was 2 weeks-ish? Very fast in the gun world!

User Tag List