Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TDA sucks and old watches *Mod* - Clutter removed from technical forum thread

TDA sucks and old watches *Mod* - Clutter removed from technical forum thread

I get people are bored, but let's try to keep GD stuff in GD and not clutter up technical threads. Posts culled to GD, carry on. -BehindBlueI's

I mean.......fountain pens and typewriters are cool.
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 04-21-2020 at 01:07 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I mean.......fountain pens and typewriters are cool.
    TDA is the best option for me right now, but I wish someone would make a quality DAO typewriter for duty carry and a DAO fountain pen for off duty.

I Bet all the “traditionalists” have converted to a disposable digital wrist thing in lieu of a mechanical wrist watch.....

I think DA/SA pistols are very modern in that they give you a SA trigger on par with an STI pistol, a DA to keep you from shooting yourself or the wrong person, and cost less than Duke spent on just 2011 magazines.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think DA/SA pistols are very modern in that they give you a SA trigger on par with an STI pistol, a DA to keep you from shooting yourself or the wrong person, and cost less than Duke spent on just 2011 magazines.
    Touché

Touché
    You gave me a target area the size of a full USPSA target at 7 yards!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    You gave me a target area the size of a full USPSA target at 7 yards!
    As the venerable Pat Mac likes to say:

“At this distance we could throw the pistol and hit the A zone...”

I Bet all the “traditionalists” have converted to a disposable digital wrist thing in lieu of a mechanical wrist watch.....
    Wearing my dad’s Bulova Accutron tuning fork watch....the watch that hums. Date code 1962. Yearly battery change. It was an anniversary gift that my mom gave him. But I do have a few Casio solar powered watches.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    Wearing my dad’s Bulova Accutron tuning fork watch....the watch that hums. Date code 1962. Yearly battery change. It was an anniversary gift that my mom gave him. But I do have a few Casio solar powered watches.
    Nice

As a daily beater this thing is doing okay.

Name:  B97DB456-04FC-452F-8ED8-EF82BF872B51.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  32.6 KB

Name:  6664C400-5F7E-4DB9-A041-2C7C54FD4E0E.jpg
Views: 807
Size:  26.9 KB

@ Duke

Thanks for sharing! Excellent accuracy. Talk about old school, self-winding watches from Orient and Seiko are good value for the money but nowhere as accurate as a Rolex.

User Tag List