Thread: CBP Air Interdiction Agent holster

Site Supporter

CBP Air Interdiction Agent holster

The CBP news release today included a recruitment "brochure" for the Air and Marine Operations unit. An aviation enforcement agent appeared in a video with what appeared to be a shoulder rig with what appeared to be the holster positioned like a crossdraw belt holster. Tactical nerd that I am, I wonder if any of our federal PF'ers can identify the holster. Professional curiosity rather than actual need as I doubt the community college public safety department will be buying me a helicopter. Thanks and be safe.
    Last edited by jnc36rcpd; 04-20-2020 at 11:24 PM.

My agency works closely with AMO, all of the pilots and AIA's seem to use a mix of shoulder rigs and belt/thigh rigs. I do not know if they have a standard issue but tanker style and Galco Miami Classics seem to be the most common for pilots flying in my AOR.

Site Supporter
    Thanks, penates. Shoulder rigs are pretty common among the state police aviators with whom I very occasionally worked.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    Thanks, penates. Shoulder rigs are pretty common among the state police aviators with whom I very occasionally worked.
    Shoulder rigs are the only way to roll in an aircraft. 14 years of experience.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    The CBP news release today included a recruitment "brochure" for the Air and Marine Operations unit. An aviation enforcement agent appeared in a video with what appeared to be a shoulder rig with what appeared to be the holster positioned like a crossdraw belt holster. Tactical nerd that I am, I wonder if any of our federal PF'ers can identify the holster. Professional curiosity rather than actual need as I doubt the community college public safety department will be buying me a helicopter. Thanks and be safe.
    A link or photo would help.

The AMO guys I work with get issues the standard CBP duty gear but most use personal purchase stuff

I’m guessing it’s this one:

When I worked with the wild-bill era Customs, DEA and BP pilots of the 90s the Eagle Industries and London Bridge shoulder rigs were the norm with the occasional Miami-classic rig thrown in. Eagle Industries used to make a rig with 3 mags offside and it looked at lot like the one the chick is wearing in the pic. I think it was made for tankers too...

I remember some of the pilots using Glock 18s with big mags. They used them to fire rounds across the bow of fleeing go-fasts.
    Last edited by secondstoryguy; 04-23-2020 at 10:13 PM.

Site Supporter
    That's the video I was referring to. I tried to post it, but the link kept showing the Marvel movie trailer I had forwarded to a friend. Of course, the Air Interdiction Agent does sort of look like a Marvel superhero.

I recall those Eagle shoulder rigs and had one from a long-lost competitive company.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I’m guessing it’s this one:

I’m not 100% sure that is a shoulder holster. It could be a nylon duty belt with suspenders or a shoulder rig attached to a belt. Females have higher waists than males.

There is no thumbreak strap so odds are that is an ALS holder or, more likely a SERPA holster. CBP loves fucking SERPAs

They make a G CODE type rotating belt plate for SERPAs. https://www.amazon.com/BLACKHAWK-Hol.../dp/B004T0WWFS

I did find this 2011 contract solicitation for shoulder holsters for CBP air ops in El Paso.

https://govtribe.com/opportunity/fed...ystem-20066483

Site Supporter
    If this helps, here is a view from 1:19 in the video:

Name:  Screenshot at 2020-04-23 22-39-44.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  46.7 KB

Like @HCM said, doesn't look like a traditional shoulder holster.

In the video, it's very loose fighting and moves a lot. Seems to be attached, but separate, from the waist belt.
    Last edited by SiriusBlunder; 04-24-2020 at 01:10 AM.

User Tag List