Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RFI: Workout Shoes

Site Supporter
    I have a pair of these Adidas Suciu which I like very much aesthetically but they pinch me across the midfoot so much that I can only wear them a couple hours or so.
    Not sure if the Sambas are similarly cut.

Name:  Screenshot_20200421-124854_Chrome.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  19.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    I have a pair of these Addidas Suciu which I like very much aesthetically but they pinch me across the midfoot so much that I can only wear them a couple hours or so.
    Not sure if the Sambas are similarly cut.
    I don't know...I've never tried the Suciu. And I only wear the Sambas or my Adidas Powerlift version 3 (something or other) when I'm working out. I don't have a wide foot so they work well for me.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    The wife and I have both been happy with Inov8 F-lite 235. You can usually find deals on previous years colors.

I’ve also had good luck with New Balance Mimimus but not sure what they are currently offering.
    This is my situation also (with Minimus trail version), with the addition of using proper weightlifting shoes for squats since my flexibility isn’t great. I actually deadlift in the Minimus.

I'm a fan of UnderArmour shoes, usually with Locklaces on them for what you described.

I use Chucks for deads, squats, OHP, etc and UnderArmour running shoes for runs (used to use Brooks until they started screwing with the sole shape).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    The wife and I have both been happy with Inov8 F-lite 235. You can usually find deals on previous years colors.

I’ve also had good luck with New Balance Mimimus but not sure what they are currently offering.
    Those F-Lite 235's sound a lot like what I am looking for. I had never heard of Inov8 before. I'm also considering the 300's. Any experience or insight into the 300's?

Site Supporter
    Those F-Lite 235's sound a lot like what I am looking for. I had never heard of Inov8 before. I'm also considering the 300's. Any experience or insight into the 300's?
    If you are talking about the mud claw 300s....

I don’t have that exact model but I do have a pair of Innov8 trail running shoes. They are fantastic for outside use on surfaces other than pavement, but not as good as the 235s or the New Balance Minimus trail shoes for gym use.

I’m not familiar with the 300s. I just looked them up and they appear more geared to lifting. They look like a bigger shoe with more sole and more drop.

If I came across a deal I’d probably try the 300s out. I have a pair of the FastLift 335s but I rarely use them any more I either lift barefoot or in the 235s (home gym). The Fastlifts are a dedicated lifting show so maybe the 300s could bridge the gap between a cross trainer and a lifting shoe but if they skew too far toward dedicated lifter I wouldn’t get much out of them.

I wore the same pair of Chucks for powerlifting for years. The side finally blew out of one of them. I tried to buy another pair but couldn't find any that fit right.

Those Adidas Sambas look really interesting. I'll check some out if they ever let me back in a store.

For powerlifting-style deadlifts, low, flat soles rule. For squats, the offset angle might matter a little depending on your body and technique. I would hate to add wear and tear on a good pair of running shoes in the gym.

Other than that, I've never found shoes to matter that much. I've trained with guys who liked to train barefoot and tried it myself. It was fine. I've seen Ronnie Coleman train in Hi Tec tactical boots when he was still with the PD.

I would run or even walk for distance in them but I really like basic wrestling shoes for general gym stuff. They stand out for me going agility stuff like Get Ups. Those are challenging to me and these shoes “hook” less floor when squirming about, awkwardly in my case.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I’ve been using NB minimus trail runners for about three years. Very minimal. Hug my feet great and the thin soles give me a good connection to the ground.

https://www.amazon.com/New-Balance-M...dp/B01FSDDUK0/

User Tag List