Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RFI: Workout Shoes

These are the NB I’m using, mine are version 3 and they are on 7 now so I can’t speak to the updates. One nice thing on the NB is they come in Wide.

Based on the versions I’m looking at 3-4 years of steady use in mine (4-5 days/week) and am only seeing a little wear on the sole. Mine are marked “Made in the USA” but I’m not sure if they still are.

[url]https://www.amazon.com/New-Balance-Minimus-Training-Black/dp/B06XSBTCB6/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=new+balance+MX20BK7&q id=1594169689&sr=8-1/url]

Quote Originally Posted by inkslinger View Post
    I’ve been using NB minimus trail runners for about three years. Very minimal. Hug my feet great and the thin soles give me a good connection to the ground.

https://www.amazon.com/New-Balance-M...4169689&sr=8-1
    +1 for the minimus line.

Site Supporter
    Here’s another vote for NB Minimus(Trails, in my case). I’ve been using my pair as gym shoes regularly (they are in a sort of unplanned rotation) since 2012. Not a typo. Their durability has surprised me.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Their durability has surprised me.
    Same. So long as you don't make the mistake of putting them in the washer. The pair I tried that with completely fell apart.

Site Supporter
    Just wanted to update that I ended up with a pair of the Inov8 F-Lite 235 and have had them a couple of months now. I've been very pleased with them. Fit a smidge small on the length but great on the width. Love the soles and the traction they give. They are very flat though with a minimal thickness and cushion. Great for my needs and I love the feel they give but I wouldn't want to run long distances in them, especially with my crappy running style. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Reebok Nano 2 for everything except weightlifting.

Adidas Powerlift for the heavy lifting.

have had good luck with Zoot sneakers for training switched to them because Brooks Cascadia became slippery on wet surfaces. was doing a lot more running then what you mentioned.

Merrell vapor trails for lifting and sub-5k runs. I like my innov8s but they’re so flat my feet flap when I walk, causing my subordinates to say, “fuck, here comes clownshoes.” They do that regardless, but it adds depth to their comment.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List