Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Precision .22 shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    I've found SK Pistol Match to be vastly superior to CCI in my Rifles.

Have you measured a Life Saver hole to see how much room you need?

It’s got some room....not much but some

I’m sure there are a ton more accurate rimfire loads out there

The 75M card split I did was with federal premium Trying to see what I can get out of the stuff you find in bulk

Name:  29F33979-8D40-450D-B44D-F3320B808D6E.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  32.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post

The 75M card split I did was with federal premium Trying to see what I can get out of the stuff you find in bulk
    While I applaud your "try", you need something with consistency. SK Standard or magazine would tighten your cone of accuracy.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    While I applaud your "try", you need something with consistency. SK Standard or magazine would tighten your cone of accuracy.
    I mean. Off hand in 10mph winds in 4 shots felt like more than a solid try

But sure. Better ammo would be, well , better

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-NaSStp...=13vad9uigcid0

Clamps too strong, superglue too weak
    You would have to set up in advance, but a dab of RTV caulk might be what you are looking for, after I spent 7 years working in my wife's graphics business I am a huge fan of gluing with the stuff. It never hardens, and that might be the ticket. Before I learned I did a major project with rigid adhesive tape and it failed, it doesn't take much thermal and moisture expansion and contraction to break some pretty small bonds.

ETA: You could probably glue some on 3x5 cards that could be clamped or stapled when you got to the range.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    You would have to set up in advance, but a dab of RTV caulk might be what you are looking for, after I spent 7 years working in my wife's graphics business I am a huge fan of gluing with the stuff. It never hardens, and that might be the ticket. Before I learned I did a major project with rigid adhesive tape and it failed, it doesn't take much thermal and moisture expansion and contraction to break some pretty small bonds.

ETA: You could probably glue some on 3x5 cards that could be clamped or stapled when you got to the range.
    Good ideas.

It needs to be clear on both sides so you can see on camera the bullet go through the hole and the candy retained.

If not folks would think i was cheating. Not sure why. Anyone could hit the whole candy

It needs to be clear on both sides so you can see on camera the bullet go through the hole and the candy retained.
    Yeah, pretty sure you could glue it in that same orientation, the stuff is stronger than you might expect:
    Name:  Dab.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  19.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Yeah, pretty sure you could glue it in that same orientation, the stuff is stronger than you might expect:
    Name:  Dab.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  19.2 KB
    Word. That’s where the super glue was.

You made me look too. 😎

Cci Standard velocity has been the best despite being cheap
    I don't shoot my MKII a lot but I've tried 4 or 5 different brands of ammo. CCI std. velocity is my favorite for both my CZ and my Ruger. I bought a 5K case last fall.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    How about an alligator clip photo/card holder like this?

Name:  Screenshot_20200421-122419_Chrome.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  16.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    How about an alligator clip photo/card holder like this?

Name:  Screenshot_20200421-122419_Chrome.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  16.2 KB
    Possibly.

The inherent fragility if candy is what makes me think I’ll have to use tape or some other method to retain the peices.

Even the slightest of off center hit will probably destroy the lifesaver.

User Tag List