Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Precision .22 shooting

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Possibly.

The inherent fragility if candy is what makes me think I’ll have to use tape or some other method to retain the peices.

Even the slightest of off center hit will probably destroy the lifesaver.
    I hear ya.

Fortunately for me, my biggest problem in trying to put a bullet through a lifesaver is not how to hold the candy!

Okay so the hole in the lifesaver is .278”

Means the margin of error for a .224” rim fire is going to be smallish

It means you are going to break a lot of lifesavers unless you can consistently shoot a .034" group
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Possibly.

The inherent fragility if candy is what makes me think I’ll have to use tape or some other method to retain the peices.

Even the slightest of off center hit will probably destroy the lifesaver.
    What about casting embedded lifesavers into blocks of jello using ice cube trays? You can shave down the thickness if needed.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    What about casting embedded lifesavers into blocks of jello using ice cube trays? You can shave down the thickness if needed.

Well the tape method will not work.

Site Supporter
    What about cutting a slot in a board to stand the lifesavers up in? You come glue a lot of life savers on a three foot board. Name:  72B1D113-75BE-460C-9175-7B6F6BB25E25.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  61.5 KB like this clay target stand

Chuck the life savers in a lathe and bore them out a bit. That or just throw the shot a foot to the side and say you did it!! jk

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    What about cutting a slot in a board to stand the lifesavers up in? You come glue a lot of life savers on a three foot board. Name:  72B1D113-75BE-460C-9175-7B6F6BB25E25.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  61.5 KB like this clay target stand
    You could also make something like a cardboard version of the Connect Four game, sized to the lifesavers (quoted the above, since it put the idea in my head). Wouldn't have to be full size, but a cardboard frame to hold it in place might be easier to work with, disposable, and more resistant than the candy itself to whatever attachment method you have for putting on something else (ie, glue/staple/clamp the cardboard down while leaving the candy freestanding).

A mini maglight lens is 22 mm dia, which places it between the OD of the lifesaver (30mm) and the ID of the center you're trying to shoot through (7-10 mm) - that would make a good template for running an exacto knife around.

New mk 4 red dot mount.

This one doesn’t seem to be a piece of trash like the last one

Name:  E0CDAE34-1A91-431A-AED2-2B1C8C011C04.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  68.2 KB

Working on a 22LR through a lifesaver hole.

Can’t figure the way to hold it yet.

Clamps too strong, superglue too weak

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-5whNJp...d=n25og7u15tzg
    Once lifesavers get wet they sure stick to anything one doesn't want them stuck too....

User Tag List