Thread: Reflex & mount for GP100

Reflex & mount for GP100

What sight & mount would put the dot nearest the axis of the bore?

I'm not averse to having some custom work done if it puts the dot sigificantly lower (like almost the same plane as factory irons) and isn't too pricey (like $300 or less).

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    What sight & mount would put the dot nearest the axis of the bore?

I'm not averse to having some custom work done if it puts the dot sigificantly lower (like almost the same plane as factory irons) and isn't too pricey (like $300 or less).
    I have been experimenting with getting a red dot sight to mount on a current production GP100 for a hot minute now. The two lowest profile mounts, from EGW and Raptor engineering share a similar design, where the hole for the rear sight adjustment screw is used to retain the mount on the gun. The problem is that this whole isn't really designed to be the primary thing that retains a mount and optic, and in firing both the EGW and Raptor mounts have shifted zero after a minimal number of rounds.

I've moved on to the Weigatinny mount, which uses a set screw to provide counter pressure for the mount, but has a height over bore measured in feet. It wouldn't hold zero on my Super GP100 due to a difference in rear sight channel depth from the standard guns, but I currently have it mounted on a 10mm and am hoping tomorrow's range session has it hold zero.

My nuclear option is to send the gun to Wright Armory, who will mill the top strap to accept Glock MOS plates and use that as my go-to set up for it, but doing that results in permanent loss of the rear sight, and I'd like to have at least done a successful proof of concept first.

The Wright mount looks like it puts the sight awfully far forward. That could be a problem when it comes to holsters.

You're going to run into holster problems regardless.

I did shoot the Weigatinny mount on the 10mm gun, and it actually held. I'll need to remove it, loctite all the screws in place and then re-check the zero, but I'm feeling really good about this one. Full house 10mm didn't seem to be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    You're going to run into holster problems regardless.

I did shoot the Weigatinny mount on the 10mm gun, and it actually held. I'll need to remove it, loctite all the screws in place and then re-check the zero, but I'm feeling really good about this one. Full house 10mm didn't seem to be an issue.
    Is that a GP100 10mm?

How's the accuracy?

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    Is that a GP100 10mm?

How's the accuracy?
    Accuracy is great in all three of the 10mm GP100s I have. I have the 3 inch Wiley Clapp, a 4 inch Match Champion, and the dot is currently living on the 5 inch limited edition with the half underlug. Accuracy is solid, especially with my stash of old Hydra Shoks out of the 5 inch gun.

User Tag List