Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Now that Olight is spooling up in PF world...what about that BALDR?

I would love if anyone with an olight knows if any would be compatible with an inforce aplc holster. Like a tenicor sagax lux.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    It seems weird that they take such a compact light and then damn near double it’s size with the mount.
    It's deceiving. The mounting bracket mounts OVER the rail, so it's actually not double the size. It does stick out a little bit, but it's smaller than it looks in the pics. Smaller than my old Streamlight TLR3, who's polymer mounting bracket broke the first time I mounted it...
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

We have been running 8 O lights for farm and patrol use for the past five years. We have around 6 handhelds that are still in use. . 2 were stolen. None have given up. As far as WMLs go, I have a PL2 Valkyrie mounted on the 12 o'clock position on my AR. Round count is low, as it was mounted recently 800 since mounting but no issues so far. I really like the price/performance/durability ratio so far.

Girlfriend's carbine has one of the 2 battery Olight weapon lights (that I forget the exact name of) mounted to it. Downsides I've noticed are that there is no off-switch for transporting the gun, and the mount doesn't seem super sturdy - in fact the light fell off the gun once when she bumped it against a vertical cover.

The light itself is bright and keeps on working regardless of the weather conditions it is exposed to. But the downsides of the light make me think I really ought to upgrade it to something else. Imagining that light with a laser on it, I'd be sceptical of its ability to retain zero when being bumped around.

Hopefully Olight has upgraded the mount in this new version. It does look similar to the old one though.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Don't forget about our 10% off code, use PF10
    Did the PF10 code expire, tried to use it on Zon & no joy.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Did the PF10 code expire, tried to use it on Zon & no joy.
    It won’t work on sales.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    It won’t work on sales.
    I tried it on that flash sale a couple days ago and it gave me an extra $1.79 off. Heck, that's a coffee and doughnut at my normal morning stop.

ETA: never mind -- I just remembered that one tiny ass light wasn't on sale, and it was $17.9X -- which explains the buck seventy-nine.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I’m all for buying American. But what red dot that’s made here did you find for $10 more than the Chicom version? You do know that Sig, Primary Arms, even Vortex low end optics are made in China or assembled here with parts from China? And EOTech is mud because their product was proven unreliable and the company lacking in ethics. Aimpoint is Swedish. Which made in the USA red dots are you using?
    Leupold makes a semi-budget RDS, but it's heavy and has an advertised 1000 hours battery life on setting 4 of 8. I'm not sure where they source the components. Not sure if anyone else makes one in the US.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    Leupold makes a semi-budget RDS, but it's heavy and has an advertised 1000 hours battery life on setting 4 of 8. I'm not sure where they source the components. Not sure if anyone else makes one in the US.
    If you’re talking about the Freedom RDS it is a pretty awful.

Leupold also makes the LCO which seems to be a love it or hate it proposition. Though most hate them. They haven’t really caught on and my limited shooting with one did not impress. Especially for the price which is steep.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    As long as it’s not the meatballs.
    That’s a horse of a different color...so to speak...
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

User Tag List