Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Now that Olight is spooling up in PF world...what about that BALDR?

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    With the PF discount, I bought a Mini 2 Valkyrie. No laser on this one, but it seems a solid light and for less than a hundred bucks.

Olight isn't far from me over in Marietta, GA. I need to contact them to see if they have a store front where I can check out up close all their offerings when the home incarceration period has ended.

ETA: Yep they do have a store here in GA.
    Stores:
    USA
    1. Official OlightStore USA
    2270 NW Pkwy SE Suite 180 Marietta, GA 30067, 30067 GA, United States

Address: 2270 NW Pkwy SE Suite 180 Marietta, GA 30067
    Phone: 770-779-7156
    Whoa! I had no idea. That's about 15 minutes from my house.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    See if the "PF10" discount code works in person
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I sense a Georgia Crew PF meetup at Olight for a PostCoronfest.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    As a bit of a spinoff from the PDW thread which drifted into TLR8 talk... I have been wondering recently about the Olight weapon lights and light/laser combos.

I can only find one mention of the BALDR on here, ever. Anybody have any experience with it? Or knowledge of the interface, say? Any big spenders wanting to buy and try so I don't have to?

https://olightworld.com/olight-baldr-pro
    one is on the way... I'll post up a comparison between that and the TLR-8. the Baldr pro is a helluva lot bigger and heavier, but also considerably brighter according to the specs.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Well, I'm very curious to see what the people who get one think after a bit of use. If it's durable and the interface is good, even if it's heavy it might be nice on a compact long gun, say.

Funny that you are looking at these. I just bought a PL-Mini 2 Valkyrie for my Scout, but was looking at the larger light. I ended up with the mini due to it's size, it's very small, seems to be well built, and is 600 lumens. It's not super nova bright, but for it's size it's adequate. The ratcheting adjustment is cool, but I'm not sure how durable it would be. The switch is the weak point. You have to press down on the levers to activate it. Mounted on a pistol it is fine, but on a carbine the you have to press outboard. The best mounting location I came up with is on the right side of the gun, where I can activate the light like in the photos below. It works well mounted this way, but I have freakishly long thumbs, so there is that to consider. It's not my preferred way to grip a rifle, but not horrible.

"Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    Funny that you are looking at these. I just bought a PL-Mini 2 Valkyrie for my Scout, but was looking at the larger light. I ended up with the mini due to it's size, it's very small, seems to be well built, and is 600 lumens. It's not super nova bright, but for it's size it's adequate. The ratcheting adjustment is cool, but I'm not sure how durable it would be. The switch is the weak point. You have to press down on the levers to activate it. Mounted on a pistol it is fine, but on a carbine the you have to press outboard. The best mounting location I came up with is on the right side of the gun, where I can activate the light like in the photos below. It works well mounted this way, but I have freakishly long thumbs, so there is that to consider. It's not my preferred way to grip a rifle, but not horrible.

It seems weird that they take such a compact light and then damn near double it’s size with the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post

It seems weird that they take such a compact light and then damn near double it’s size with the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    It's an adjustable QD mount. When it's not locked down you can slide the light forward or backward while holding the mount in the position you want (perfect for getting it positioned precisely on a pistol).

I do agree though. A standard screw type mount would just about half the foot print. I think this mini light should be offered with either configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    It's an adjustable QD mount. When it's not locked down you can slide the light forward or backward while holding the mount in the position you want (perfect for getting it positioned precisely on a pistol).

I do agree though. A standard screw type mount would just about half the foot print. I think this mini light should be offered with either configuration.
    After I posted I went looking around and it does look like there’s a lower profile version, seemingly the original. And now I see what you mean about the bulk being due to the adjustability of the v2.

OG
    https://olightworld.com/olight-pl-mini

User Tag List