Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Now that Olight is spooling up in PF world...what about that BALDR?

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I’m all for buying American. But what red dot that’s made here did you find for $10 more than the Chicom version? You do know that Sig, Primary Arms, even Vortex low end optics are made in China or assembled here with parts from China? And EOTech is mud because their product was proven unreliable and the company lacking in ethics. Aimpoint is Swedish. Which made in the USA red dots are you using?
    I simply buy Chinese made red dots with US company support like Primary Arms. That way I get an American company standing behind what they sell.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    Leupold makes a semi-budget RDS, but it's heavy and has an advertised 1000 hours battery life on setting 4 of 8. I'm not sure where they source the components. Not sure if anyone else makes one in the US.
    Trijicon MRO and RMR the other American red dot option.

So basically Leupold and Trijicon. Everything else is an import from China, Sweden or the Philippines.

Totally thought I was posting this here but I suppose it is viable for the other thread too.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Back on topic. As mentioned I haven’t had time to really test them except dry fire. Switches push inward which I don’t consider optimum but they’re easier to use than the original TLR-7 switches.

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    one is on the way... I'll post up a comparison between that and the TLR-8. the Baldr pro is a helluva lot bigger and heavier, but also considerably brighter according to the specs.
    Hey man I'm considering either the baldr or tlr8.
    How has both been holding up for you and which would you recommend?

Now that Olight is spooling up in PF world...what about that BALDR?

BALDR Mini looks interesting. Anyone know if there is holster compatability with TLR7/8?

https://www.olightstore.com/baldr-mini.html
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    BALDR Mini looks interesting. Anyone know if there is holster compatability with TLR7/8?

I am wondering this, too. I just bought a lasermax, because I think duty and teaching guns benefit from lasers...this one can be zeroed, the lasermax can't...I need a new WML, and if I can securely put this on a Glock in a Safariland duty holster, it is likely a much better buy. If it has to be rechargeable (not a fan on work lights), I like the low battery indicator.

At that price I might just be wiling to take a chance.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    I am wondering this, too. I just bought a lasermax, because I think duty and teaching guns benefit from lasers...this one can be zeroed, the lasermax can't...I need a new WML, and if I can securely put this on a Glock in a Safariland duty holster, it is likely a much better buy. If it has to be rechargeable (not a fan on work lights), I like the low battery indicator.

At that price I might just be wiling to take a chance.

pat
    I’m very happy with my TLR8ag.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

I would really like to see them do that same light with a non-throwlever mount to keep the bulk down. Throw,lever yes I want on a carbine, not on a pistol.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxmil982 View Post
    Hey man I'm considering either the baldr or tlr8.
    How has both been holding up for you and which would you recommend?
    Apologies for the late reply.. been on the road.

That depends... the baldr is considerably larger. It's roughly the size of a SureFire mini-scout. It's too large to fit on the VP9SK (the only pistol I have with me). Now the baldr-mini is available (as posted above) which is a little more suited for a pistol IMO. I don't have one yet to compare quality/zero hold, etc., but I do have the mini sans laser. I'll post up a size comparison photo later today with baldr, mini, and tlr-8.

ETA: I've been using the baldr on an AR at both 6:00 and 7:30 mount locations. I really like it. It's very east to operate with the side of the index finger in those positions while maintaining a forward grip (i have shorter arms, so YMMV). The only caveat is that the mode lever switch is exposed so MAY be inadvertently bumped (directly on the switch) into another mode. Covering with a piece of tape mitigates this, but it's still possible to occur with a stronger 'bump'.
    Last edited by critter; 08-17-2020 at 11:15 AM. Reason: add inof
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Photo comparisons (apologies for quality.. only have work phone):

baldr - tlr8 - PL mini 2

Name:  three-compare.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  41.3 KB

VP9SK with tlr8 and mini 2:

Name:  HK-TLR8.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  99.8 KB

Name:  HK-PLmini2.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  100.8 KB

A squad of various lights:

Name:  LightsGroup.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  54.0 KB

Olight unless otherwise indicated. Rechargeable without removing battery(ies) unless otherwise noted with NR

1. Warrior X Pro
    2. TK-15 (Fenix) - 1x 18650 - NR
    3. Warrior M2R Pro
    4. Seeker 2 this one has side switch only
    5. ProTac 1L-1AA (Streamlight) - 1x 123a OR 1x AA - NR
    6. i5T eos -- 1AA - NR
    7. Valkyrie PL 2 - 2x 123a - NR
    8. BALDR Pro - 2x 123a - NR
    9. TLR-8 (Streamlight) - 1x 123a - NR
    10. Valkyrie PL-MINI 2
    11. i1R2 eos
    Last edited by critter; 08-17-2020 at 02:50 PM.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

User Tag List