Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FBI is playing games with background checks...

And where is this happening?

The article is written in a purposeful inflammatory tone while lacking substantive content. The only thing I've seen about NICS checks was what happened a couple weeks ago, and even in that open letter to FFLs it stated 3 days.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Three business days for delays during which time the NICS examiners contact court clerks offices to verify the status of potentially disqualifying legal actions.

The article is inaccurate in that while some state offices are open, most, including court clerks offices are not.

Both the county court house, which houses the state district court, and the federal courthouse are closed to the public and conducting limited operations.basically Judges and their own clerks are conducting initial appearances and custody hearings via video links.

That’s it. There is no one in the clerks offices of the federal or County courthouse here, or anywhere else I’m aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Three business days for delays during which time the NICS examiners contact court clerks offices to verify the status of potentially disqualifying legal actions.

The article is inaccurate in that while some state offices are open, most, including court clerks offices are not.

Both the county court house, which houses the state district court, and the federal courthouse are closed to the public and conducting limited operations.basically Judges and their own clerks are conducting initial appearances and custody hearings via video links.

That’s it. There is no one in the clerks offices of the federal or County courthouse here, or anywhere else I’m aware of.
    Yep.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Just made a long gun purchase- took under 15 min from when I finished filling out the 4473. I think that might be the fastest I can remember getting a return.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Yep.
    Search warrants, arrest warrants and criminal complaints are all being done remotely here. PDFs with electronic signatures from agents and AUSAs, submitted via E mail, the judge swears in the affiant via phone, signs the documents in ink and their personal clerk scans / emails to us. Since the court clerks office is closed we have been emailing search warrant returns back to the personal clerk of the issuing magistrate or the duty magistrate and retaining the e mail in lieu of a filing stamp.

Search warrants, arrest warrants and criminal complaints are all being done remotely here. PDFs with electronic signatures from agents and AUSAs, submitted via E mail, the judge swears in the affiant via phone, signs the documents in ink and their personal clerk scans / emails to us. Since the court clerks office is closed we have been emailing search warrant returns back to the personal clerk of the issuing magistrate or the duty magistrate and retaining the e mail in lieu of a filing stamp.
    Now all you need are transporter beams...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Now all you need are transporter beams...
    The future is now old man.

Though it begs the question why we haven’t been doing this all along.

I wrote three search warrants and sent them to a phone carrier a couple weeks ago without ever leaving the chair at my house. The judge swore me in over Facetime and emailed them back to me.

I could get used to this.

The future is now old man.

Though it begs the question why we haven’t been doing this all along.
    I am feeling old. Last night while watching Bosch I was pulling up images to show my wife of several of the judges and magistrates I would bring my cases before in the Southern District of Florida. Most are now gone. Not all, but several.

I guess I was prompted by the scene with Bosch getting the warrant signed at the magistrate's home. So I was showing some whose homes I would drive to after hours. My favorite being the late Magistrate Peter Palermo.

And I agree, it's a better way to get things done these days. At least from an expediency standpoint.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List