Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Mode for PF?

I know, guys. Sooner or later, I will hire a UI guy for this and also upgrade the forum software to the next release. For now, try what is working for RJ (scroll up).
    #RESIST

Dark Background and Light Text

That is an extension on FireFox that you can mess around with, not sure I'm a fan yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Dark Background and Light Text

That is an extension on FireFox that you can mess around with, not sure I'm a fan yet.
    I don't think someone named "Grey" should opine on dark mode.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

RJ is using FireFox for iPad above. Night mode doesn't appear to be on the windows version, or if it is I haven't found it so far. Definitely not in the dropdown menu there.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

It's an add-on, something you need to install separately (within Firefox).

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    It's an add-on, something you need to install separately (within Firefox).
    Night Mode Pro is available as an extension.
    Dark Reader is also there as well.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    Night Mode Pro is available as an extension.
    Dark Reader is also there as well.
    I am trying Night Mode Pro on a windows 10 based HP laptop using Firefox, results seem promising.

Edit to add: It seems that not all colors are 'inverted' in night mode. When the screen goes dark, the colors in certain hyperlinks are still dark, leading you to conclude they are not there. (They are there if you mouse over them). So while buggy it does seem to help with keeping the screen dark. If I figure out the hyperlink thing I will post back.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  48.2 KB

I know you're not supposed to look at your phone before bedtime but hey, I'm radical. A dark style would help tremendously. The white light makes P-F a no-go before sleep so I'm stuck with browsing lesser forums that have night mode or dark themes.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I know you're not supposed to look at your phone before bedtime but hey, I'm radical. A dark style would help tremendously. The white light makes P-F a no-go before sleep so I'm stuck with browsing lesser forums that have night mode or dark themes.
    Firefox on an iPhone, Night mode enabled using Full Site:

Name:  DCAF7937-BADA-40CB-A168-482F80531FA9.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  30.0 KB

It works, but there’s a bit of stretching and shrinking one has to do.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Firefox on an iPhone, Night mode enabled using Full Site:

Name:  DCAF7937-BADA-40CB-A168-482F80531FA9.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  30.0 KB

It works, but there’s a bit of stretching and shrinking one has to do.
    Nice! Thanks! I'm not a big Firefox fan but I'd probably make an exception for that feature.

User Tag List