Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dark Mode for PF?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Nothing a new set of eyes can’t fix…

Attachment 98661
    Ha, love the graphic! Funny, I was at the eye doc yesterday. She said at my age (64) my cataract rating was a 1 (bad = 4) and sometime in the future, they'd have to remove my lenses from my eyeballs (yuk!) but they would replace them with ones that would give me good vision at distance. And apparently I would only need glasses to read...I've been wearing glasses since I was like 5 years old so that would be pretty cool.

if I had a choice I'd rather have nearsightedness that allows me to see the TV (and as a consiquecnce, my laptop), without glasses. That's pretty much what I have right now with my "readers."

the one downside is I'd "lose" the blue blockers I have now, which DEFINITELY are a plus for all the I.T. work I do regularly; it all but eliminated all the migraines I used to get.

so maybe farsighted replacement lenses are really a better idea.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Since this thread got topped, I realized I was using a different browser than I had been, so I looked at options I had now.

I recently started using "Brave", a open-source Mozzila-based Chromium derivative browser, with its built-in privacy features. I used duckduckgo to search for "brave dark mode", and came up with this:

brave://flags/#enable-force-dark

Attachment 101393
    Sigh.

I put this setting back to the default. It turns out that having this enabled across "all" web pages meant the edit box window colors were modified. As a result, editing a post meant I literally could not see any text when a line or lines was highlighted with the mouse...So not ideal. Oh and the other thing it did, was to re-map image colors so that for instance avatars would look all weird and different colors. Same for all images; they looked a little...odd.

I'd still like to find a client-side option to fix this so p-f doesn't make my eyes water, but it sure would be nice if the site had a "dark mode" option, server-side.

It’s my only complaint here. I go from every other haunt I browse to the retina searing PF

This morning I investigated the use of "Customize Profile" to address this issue. After making a number of color changes, mostly on background colors on the various options, I ended up with a page that looked like this:
    Name:  Screenshot from 2023-02-27 06-30-55.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  46.7 KB

But when I navigate to the main site, i.e. the new post page, none of the changes I made using "Customize Profile" appeared to carry over. In other words, the "Customize Profile" page didn't seem to do anything for me, at all.
    Name:  Screenshot from 2023-02-27 06-31-26.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  55.1 KB

Question for to someone more familiar with these vBulletin Cascading Style Sheets than I am: is this a bug in the site, and/or can this be fixed? If so, it would go a long way to help those of us who prefer a darker motif on the site. Or, if I am missing that one simple trick to have the "Customize Profile" color options applied to the site to get this to work, please let me know.

Smart invert

I’m using the IOS Smart Invert feature through accessibility vision menu.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I’m using the IOS Smart Invert feature through accessibility vision menu.
    On the iPad it looks like it’s under Accessibility ==>> Display & text.

This plugin actually works pretty well for Chrome: https://chromewebstore.google.com/de...jfekhnkhdbieeh

Quote Originally Posted by TXTad View Post
    This plugin actually works pretty well for Chrome: https://chromewebstore.google.com/de...jfekhnkhdbieeh
    And in case that link dies at some point, the plugin is Dark Reader: https://darkreader.org/

Quote Originally Posted by TXTad View Post
    And in case that link dies at some point, the plugin is Dark Reader: https://darkreader.org/
    Does that work as a function of specific web site? As in, you just want dark mode for one specific web address?

User Tag List