Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dark Mode for PF?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Does that work as a function of specific web site? As in, you just want dark mode for one specific web address?
    You can configure it per domain with individual settings for each domain where it is active.

Thanks!

I tried that on my office Linux box using Firefox. I have a tab with p-f with Dark Reader enabled via the plug-in, and another forum in another tab in its ‘dark’ mode. So far it seems to be working independently.

I haven’t located where in the control panel you can control it by web site. But maybe I don’t understand what a ‘domain’ is. Appreciate it though, this is getting close to usable as a work around, until when/if p-f adds a dark setting, or fixes the CSS bug.

Thanks!

I tried that on my office Linux box using Firefox. I have a tab with p-f with Dark Reader enabled via the plug-in, and another forum in another tab in its ‘dark’ mode. So far it seems to be working independently.

I haven’t located where in the control panel you can control it by web site. But maybe I don’t understand what a ‘domain’ is. Appreciate it though, this is getting close to usable as a work around, until when/if p-f adds a dark setting, or fixes the CSS bug.
    Nice, another Linux user.

Once you have it pinned to the plugin bar, you can control it for each site by clicking its icon and tweaking on these sliders. The top left box that has the check box turns it on or off for a site. I think I had to turn on per-site in its settings.

Name:  Screenshot from 2024-01-03 20-36-50.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  43.3 KB

To pin it to the plugin bar, click the pin in the Extensions menu:

Name:  Screenshot from 2024-01-03 20-38-03.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  28.1 KB

@TXTad - Thanks! So with that hint, I was able to set Dark Reader to recognize specific web sites, and set p-f up for Dark Mode, with all the other web sites I typically start with their own settings.

This appears repeatable, as I "set" this up in FireFox just now with multiple tabs, and so far it is remembering how I set things when I reboot my box and start FF up again.

Excellent!

I appreciate you taking the time to post this. It's completely resolved my issue with dark mode, and now I don't have to have p-f as an eye-wateringly bright tab when I use the forums, particularly at night in my office.

Yes, Linux user for um a while, ever since I started with Unix in College and later with AIX courtesy of Big Blue. I first installed Linux Mint 18 on an old Acer laptop a while ago, then most recently Mint 21 on a couple Gateway desk side boxes I got at a yard sale - I do everything with it except file the taxes, basically.

Thanks again!

@TXTad - Thanks! So with that hint, I was able to set Dark Reader to recognize specific web sites, and set p-f up for Dark Mode, with all the other web sites I typically start with their own settings.
    Good. I was hoping that would would let you get a hold of the corner of the carpet.

This appears repeatable, as I "set" this up in FireFox just now with multiple tabs, and so far it is remembering how I set things when I reboot my box and start FF up again.

Excellent!

I appreciate you taking the time to post this. It's completely resolved my issue with dark mode, and now I don't have to have p-f as an eye-wateringly bright tab when I use the forums, particularly at night in my office.
    This is an issue that is dear to me. I got my start with computers in the early 80s with my Dad's office PC. An IBM clone by Corona. The amber monochrome was usually pretty easy on the eyes. As everything started getting brighter and whiter through the 90s and early 2000s, I was always trying to find ways to calm things down. In 2001 I started working for a small company on a big C++ project. I did most of my work in emacs and spent a fair bit of time customizing my own color scheme. I basically invented solarized before it was a thing. I wish I still had the .emacs file for that.

Yes, Linux user for um a while, ever since I started with Unix in College and later with AIX courtesy of Big Blue. I first installed Linux Mint 18 on an old Acer laptop a while ago, then most recently Mint 21 on a couple Gateway desk side boxes I got at a yard sale - I do everything with it except file the taxes, basically.
    I even use it for that. Linux has been my daily driver since 1999. First the old Red Hat, then Gentoo, Ubuntu until they left Unity, and now Mint for my desktop and Ubuntu Server for most everything else. The only thing I don't use it for is the occasional time I play a bit of Diablo III.

Thanks again!
    You're welcome!

User Tag List