Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Why do 1911 style guns still have grip safeties?

Quote Originally Posted by penates View Post
    For a few years Novaks sold a single piece MSH/grip safety replacement called "The Answer". I do not think that it is still in production.
    I recall this - I seem to remember it also allowed you to rack the slide with the thumb safety applied?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by penates View Post
    For a few years Novaks sold a single piece MSH/grip safety replacement called "The Answer". I do not think that it is still in production.
    I do not remember Novak selling "The Answer" as parts; it is only sold as part of Novak smithed pistols. According to the Novak website, it is still available on some of the custom pistol packages. The "Elite Combat Custom" and "Advanced Defensive Pistol" packages come with "The Answer". http://www.novaksinc.com/custom-1911-packages.html

"The Answer" part and install used to be an $800 option when Novak offered a la carte work.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Ah, poop, that's right, no SA in Production.

My only gripe about the DWX is the compact. WTF did they make the DWX work with P09/P10F mags (easy to obtain and cheap), but the Compact NOT feed off P07/P10C mags?

Doesn't matter. I'll own one when they're available, and "make due" with yet ANOTHER type of magazines I've got to stock.
    The traditional CZ75 is built around 9mm whereas the P07/09 is built around .40. Using CZ75 mags allows the gun to be thinner and, theoretically, more concealable.

I have not re-read the whole thread but did somebody say Browning High Powers don’t have grip safeties…? This one does…..

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    I have not re-read the whole thread but did somebody say Browning High Powers don’t have grip safeties…? This one does…..
    That looks to be a very heavily customized High Power. You do that work, Ned? Why did the client want it? It looks fairly complex-how did it end up working?

Best, Jon

Personal gun I'm working up for myself over the years and a bit of a test bed. The grip safety functions as such but in the end just was not practical from the manufacturing point of view.

Since we've deviated into Hi-Power modifications, any thoughts on the Cylinder and Slide "Safety Fast Shooting" kit?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I haven't heard anything about that in years and didn't realize it was still offered. I never studied it much.... the same system was used on Paras for a while, right.....? The fact that para used it was kind of a minus for me. In this system the hammer body is just an appendage really, at least as I understand it. There's like a sub-hammer that powers the hammer appendage. I don't know if it's a good system or a bad one, but i have tremendous respect for Cylinder and Slide so I do feel safe in saying if they are offering it there must be some good to it.

deleted
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Since we've deviated into Hi-Power modifications, any thoughts on the Cylinder and Slide "Safety Fast Shooting" kit?
    Never saw that before, reminds me a lot of those Lionhart trigger mechanisms.

User Tag List