Thread: Anyone with a Holosun 407K/507K on a CZ P01?

Anyone with a Holosun 407K/507K on a CZ P01?

Thinking of having my CZ P01 slide milled for either the 407K or 507K. The CZ P01 is kind of a light/snappy 9mm and these optics have a pretty small window. I like the profile of this optic on the slim CZ slide, but wonder if it is difficult to keep the dot in the window under recoil.
    NOT the YouTuber by the same name.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerStriker View Post
    Thinking of having my CZ P01 slide milled for either the 407K or 507K. The CZ P01 is kind of a light/snappy 9mm and these optics have a pretty small window. I like the profile of this optic on the slim CZ slide, but wonder if it is difficult to keep the dot in the window under recoil.
    A few points.

P01 is not light and snappy compared to a P365 or G43 which often wear 507k.

If you have problems with recoil management, that’s a separate issue.

You’re not going to keep the dot IN the window the entire time under recoil for an optic that size.

There is the RMSX which has a larger optic with the same footprint as a 507k (ish) if you decide otherwise later.
    Last edited by JCN; 05-20-2022 at 09:14 PM.

I run a 75 slide on a P01 frame. I have one slide milled for a 507C and one with factory irons. I like the extra window of the C over the K but must agree with the previous post regarding the recoil of the CZ being fairly benign. Cajun Gun Works did the mill work and I am very pleased with result.

L&M Machining did a cut for the P01 where they milled in front of the rear sight, and deep enough to still see the factory irons. They are no longer in business but I'm sure some enterprising shop out there would do the same thing.

With the new Holosun EPS I would say the window size concern is a non issue.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HammerStriker View Post
    Keeping the dot in the window is optimal but not mandatory. If your grip and recoil control are good the dot should be returning consistently via 12 o’clock-ish. The consistency is more important than keeping the dot in the window.

This is based on experience with the dark on small guns like the P365 series. It should be fine on something like a P01.

User Tag List