Thread: B/O removable mag pouches

B/O removable mag pouches

This is an equipment thread but it is competition specific so I put it here. I am trying to set up a backup belt that would work for USPSA and an occasional 3G match. I decided to try shooting a little more of the latter, until corona happened. I want to keep my mag pouches (CZ, currently Ghost) bullets out but I also want them easily removable from the belt. Anyone knows how to put bullets out mags on a tek lok?

I did find one alternative option and that is DAA pouches with their rail system but that will keep the rail bases on the belt and I am not certain if they'll have any other utility. I'd rather be able to take them fully off.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    What about these from Advanced Holster?
    --Jason--

Thanks, Jason. Seems like these are conventional bullets forward orientation, no? I would like to have mine bullets out, just like on my Carry Optics belt.

Site Supporter
    They have attachment points on both sides. So they should work, yes?
    --Jason--

Bullets out is bullets oriented perpendicular to the belt, primer side closer to the belt. The only way I know how to mount that way is that attachment site at the back of the mag pouch. I am not aware how this could be done with side mounting holes.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Bullets out is bullets oriented perpendicular to the belt, primer side closer to the belt. The only way I know how to mount that way is that attachment site at the back of the mag pouch. I am not aware how this could be done with side mounting holes.
    Ohhh, my fault. I misunderstood. I was on the Bosch thread today and was thinking forward/backward, not out/in.
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    Something like this, but needs to be removable? and I'm assuming single magazine holder.
    --Jason--

@YVK, I think you're probably better off with two separate belt rigs. A set of Ghost pouches and another holster will be less expensive than just the removable attachment system from Safariland or Springer. Using Tek-locs, and having to re-position everything seems like more of a hassle than it's worth.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

It will be a separate rig. Even if I don't use it much as a CO backup, I shoot 2x4 so I only need 2 types of carriages on each stage. I was hoping to be able to change setups on a fly without the Safariland and such. I'll probably keep pistol pouches in a semi-permanent position and move the rest of the shit around them as needed for starters.

User Tag List