Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GLOCK 48 with Shield Arms 15 Round Mags Ongoing Testing

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    All shield arms did was squeeze a double stack mag into a hole where a 1.5 stack mag use to sit.

What your're asking for is not possible.
    Rats, I was hoping they had the secret sauce.

Bucky - thanks for sharing your research, facts, results, conclusion and time!

Another 150 this morning through the G48 with SA mags. Still running without issue. Round count was lower, as I was doing some side by side shooting with two of my other 15+1 carries, the EDC X9 and 92G compact. I was shooting this much better than the 92, which isn’t a surprise, as I’ve had a lot of practice with this gun over the past month or so. Despite that familiarity, still no match for the EDC X9.

Was Working on some transitions. Today’s test targets.

Name:  124001BA-F1D2-433A-9976-A2414C45F8CB.jpg
Views: 1074
Size:  72.4 KB

So I've been carrying now for close to a month, and it does feel lighter than my other carries, yet there isn't quite the gap between it an my G19.

G43 loaded (16rds) with HST = 1 pound 12.5 ounces

G19 loaded (16rds) with 124 +P Gold Dot = 1 pound 14.9 ounces.

Side note: 16 147 HST cartridges weigh .5 ounces more than 16 124 +P Gold Dots. That makes the difference closer to 3 ounces in a direct comparison.

Some other figures for what they're worth.

Wilson EDC X9 loaded (16rds) with HST = 2 pounds 5.2 ounces

Beretta Wilson 92G Compact loaded (16rds) with 124 = 2 pounds 6.5 ounces (add .5 if loaded with 147 HST).

Glock 27 loaded (9+1) 180 HST = 1 pound 11.7 ounces.

Why these guns? Well, these are loaded and on the carry shelf.

I did take pictures of all these on the scale, as well as the ammo weight comparisons. Didn't know if it was worth the clutter. Will post if desired.

I just got a 43X and a few shield arms 15 round mags. Will be going to the range this weekend with it. Still on the fence about it. Almost a too good to be true pistol.

The pistol is thin but the factory grip was just too slick so I added Talon Grip Pros (game changer), can grip the pistol much better and carries well concealed.

The capacity is the same as my G19 but my G19 has an RMR and really enjoy that setup. But the 43X is so easy to carry.

Range time and carry time will tell which will win out. But to be honest my Sig 365 is still in the rotation. The size of the 365 with a 10rd mag allows it to be carried all the time and anywhere, very easy. The journey continues.

Site Supporter
    Finally got a chance to test mine out. 300 rounds of 147gr Lawmen through a 43X, using the metal mag catch and 5 S15 mags. Everything functioned exactly as it should.

FWIW, I have 2100+ rounds spread across seven of these mags from a black slide G48 with the shield arms mag release. All 147grn jhp, with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by CWB View Post
    FWIW, I have 2100+ rounds spread across seven of these mags from a black slide G48 with the shield arms mag release. All 147grn jhp, with no issues.
    Standard mag or with the +10% spring? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Standard mag or with the +10% spring? Thanks.
    All of mine have the plus 10 now. I experimented with them and found they gave me slightly better ejection, but the standard weight springs worked fine. The plus 10 just gave them a tiny bit extra power on the ejection. The springs were so inexpensive, i just went ahead and put them in all of them.

Any updates on these Shield mags?

I’m assuming the steel mag catch and +10% mag springs are the way to go for a carry gun?

User Tag List