Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hill people vs spiritus fanny pack?

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    3rd option:
    Smaller gun: https://www.amazon.com/Elite-Surviva.../dp/B07CJN5HHB
    Larger gun: https://www.amazon.com/Elite-Surviva.../dp/B07DFRJBQX

I've been well satisfied with the larger version and carrying a Shield. The water bottles are mostly an affectation as they are tiny, but they also take some of the "probably a gun in there" focus away.
    That looks good too. I think ive almost bought it before too but was looking when the hpg fanny pack wasn't available so i wanted to wait until it came out so i can see how they really look.

I think the hpg reputation for bullet proof gear has me leaning that way.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    That looks good too. I think ive almost bought it before too but was looking when the hpg fanny pack wasn't available so i wanted to wait until it came out so i can see how they really look.

I think the hpg reputation for bullet proof gear has me leaning that way.
    I've had mine for roughly a year and it's still "as new". My biggest complaint is how tight the front pocket is. When I broke my old S8 and moved to an S10+ it barely fits in the pocket.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Did you see this old thread? Tommy’s and Hawke get mentioned regularly.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ny-packs/page3

I run with an hpg runners kit bag a lot. Doing trail runs and on the road. I like it a lot. It’s really not bad at all running. But I get the not having stuff on your chest. I ran with a fanny pack and it wasn’t for me.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Hammertime
    I tried a bunch of bags for running. None work well due to bouncing IMO and I am not a pounder. I do run on difficult terrain often.

Ultimately my best solution is a sturdy belt (Wilderness or such) with OWB holster around 4:00 (Raven Perun or such). Put regular nylon shorts and running shirt on top. This rig allows for up to G19 weight guns in my experience and works even more comfortably with lighter guns.

But heck, if you find the definitive bag please let us know. I am pretty happy with this solution and gave up buying bags.

This will be for running
    Thinking about it for running after reading the other posts, I agree I wouldn’t want to run with the HPG, Tommy’s, or others I’ve tried. You certainly can run ok with it, but I don’t think I’d want to put in miles on a regular basis. If I were to start running again and wanted to carry a gun, I would personally use the chest version or just appendix carry.

The HPG seems about as good as it gets for a dedicated gun fanny pack/sling bag but I personally wouldn’t choose it for fitness running.

Did you mean their chest pack? Their fanny pack is new this year.

A lot of the times while trail running ill wear old cut off cammie shorts and just wear a belt which works fine with my aiwb holster. Running in nylon shorts or with no shirt is when id wear the fanny pack.
    I did mean their chest rig. I didn’t know they offered a fanny pack.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I haven't used either product, but run a decent amount and have tried to carry in thr past. Now I just run with a knife.

Of those 2 id definitely go for the HPG bag due to the wider straps and thin pocket specifically made for carrying a gun.

I have the Pistol Wear bellyband type carrier. It works OK for small and slim guns, definitely not good with a Glock 19.

Ultimately I gave up on carrying a gun if I'm going for an actual run. I typically wear an Ultimate Direction utility belt for longer or more remote runs where I want to carry a phone and or other gear. You could probably carry a small 380 or j frame in one but I haven't tried. Its also not adjustable. Its very low profile, breathable, and generally awesome though. Its the only belt type accessory I've ever been able to run with and not feel like I was adjusting my cadence to manage bounce.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I tried a bunch of bags for running. None work well due to bouncing IMO and I am not a pounder. I do run on difficult terrain often.

Ultimately my best solution is a sturdy belt (Wilderness or such) with OWB holster around 4:00 (Raven Perun or such). Put regular nylon shorts and running shirt on top. This rig allows for up to G19 weight guns in my experience and works even more comfortably with lighter guns.

But heck, if you find the definitive bag please let us know. I am pretty happy with this solution and gave up buying bags.
    Tenicor ARC would work well for this application

What gun are you going to carry in it?

Both of those options have the belt toward the top of the bag, and neither have the small compression straps from the outer front part of the bag back to the belt.
    I'd rather have the belt more midline (to avoid flopping) of the bag and I really like the compression straps (again, to pull it in tight & be more stable).
    I've never used a "gun specific" model but have used several regular old outdoors type with various guns, velcro'd a light holster inside.

I only use them now for rainy days but they've worked pretty well for me. With 5" & 3 1/2" steel 1911's and scandium N-frame. The 5" gun is more work to get right.

User Tag List