Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hill people vs spiritus fanny pack?

Hill people vs spiritus fanny pack?

http://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/C...ID/129#pagetop
    Vs
    https://www.spiritussystems.com/fanny-sack-pouch-mk2/

This will be for running.

Im leaning towards the spiritus because of price but if there is something im missing that would make the hpg bag more stable im all ears.

Thanks

You may also want to consider RDRgear if price is a factor. They also have 2 sizes. I have no personal experience with them, but if I ever get the money freed up that's where I intend to turn.

-Cory

No experience with the Spiritus FP but I have been using the HPG quite a bit walking in the woods with the kids lately to kill time.

Looking at the pics, the spiritus is a double pocket with some Velcro and cordage and the HPG has a lot more features. For my needs I appreciate having three separate pockets. One specifically for CC and designed for a clean draw. Another in front of it with pouches for mags, flashlight, etc, and a third in the front for phone, keys, and other items. I like being able to pull out my phone without exposing my pistol to others. The HPG seems designed to hold the weight of a pistol close to the body while allowing access to the other pockets in a way that doesn’t “off balance” the pack when you open them spilling contents like some standard ones do. I like to be able to dig around in the front pockets fully unzipped without the gun shifting or pulling away from the body. You can tell A LOT of thinking went into the chest rig it’s based on.

I have other items from spiritus and their stuff is good to go. I sure it’s a great fanny pack, but if your purpose is to carry a gun plus other items I’d recommend the HPG. If a single main pocket works for you it should be fine.

Also, FWIW it seems that neither will carry a large gun.

Double tap.

I’ve been looking at these plus some other options this week for the same general purpose. Have you considered the hill people running harness?

I used to do a lot of running and tried a few fanny packs; terrible bouncing fails all.

I have found the HPF rig could be adjusted snug enough to behave itself on a run. Just don’t face plant wearing one.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by spelingmastir View Post
    I’ve been looking at these plus some other options this week for the same general purpose. Have you considered the hill people running harness?
    I just dont want to run with something on my chest. I dont doubt its more stable

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I used to do a lot of running and tried a few fanny packs; terrible bouncing fails all.

I have found the HPF rig could be adjusted snug enough to behave itself on a run. Just don’t face plant wearing one.
    Did you mean their chest pack? Their fanny pack is new this year.

A lot of the times while trail running ill wear old cut off cammie shorts and just wear a belt which works fine with my aiwb holster. Running in nylon shorts or with no shirt is when id wear the fanny pack.

Site Supporter
    Before osteoarthritis in my knees made me reconsider running, I ran for many years wearing a fanny pack. The key to keeping it from bouncing is to adjust the waist belt to fit snugly.

Unfortunately I cannot comment on the specific choices, but I am following this thread with interest for when my last remaining Tommy’s Gun Pack inevitably wears out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    3rd option:
    Smaller gun: https://www.amazon.com/Elite-Surviva.../dp/B07CJN5HHB
    Larger gun: https://www.amazon.com/Elite-Surviva.../dp/B07DFRJBQX

I've been well satisfied with the larger version and carrying a Shield. The water bottles are mostly an affectation as they are tiny, but they also take some of the "probably a gun in there" focus away.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List