Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Hill people vs spiritus fanny pack?

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    He's wearing sweatpants and has what looks to me to be a clinch pick and full size Glock appendix carried somehow or other.
    Thanks. Images no workie on my phone for some reason. Ironically my quoted message displays the images... Go figure

Looks VERY interesting and worth a wait maybe.
    Last edited by TAZ; 04-20-2020 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doublestack45 View Post
    Did a couple miles after work today with the runners kit bag. I really try to pare it down to just the gun, a 19 with 17 round reload, small handheld, license, phone, and house key. That load has been completely doable with the runners bag and even without the extra shock cord it doesn't move annoyingly if you find the right spot for your body.
    Foliage color, because it just looks plain and grey. I'm glad I didn't go with any of their smaller footprint bags as I don't think I could pull off anything except a J frame in those.
    I lost interest in the belt pack(same size as the runners) as I'm just not into the fanny pack thing. Even if the chest pack gets an additional stare, I think the utility far outweighs the concern.
    FWIW, HPG have stated (on their forum) that the snubby packs are designed to hold a "slick" Glock 19 (no light, RMR, etc). Whether or not that actually works based on individual build and other stuff loaded in, I don't know (I've only used the recon sized, and I find that size to suit me well).

Topic drift, may require its own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Ha. I had a guy run past me the other day with a heavy appearing kit bag. He wasn’t fooling anyone. I even took a photo when he passed the second time. To be clear. Good for him for carrying, but anyone the slightest bit alert knows what is in these bags.

Attachment 52432

I have circled back to this several times and now have been able to gather my thoughts and would like to address the bolded type above. "He wasn't fooling anyone." He may not have fooled anyone that knows but for John Q Public, I don't think they have a clue and I back that up with my experience wearing a kit bag. I have a HP original V2 kit bag in foliage green and do a lot of rucking on popular trails and many times I have been asked about my neat bag, almost called a chest pack every time. I have even showed off it a few times unzipping the main compartment showing off the first aide gear, fire making essentials and cliff bars or wrappers of such depending on when I was asked. I was even asked if I thought you could carry a gun in one, once. I always direct them to the Hill People web site and I am sure many of them got a surprise when or if they did visit.

This brings me to the drift. I don't think I mind that like minded people that know "that bag has a gun in it" to know. If you are switched on enough to identify bags that are designed to conceal a firearm, I would like to think we would be like minded. I have spotted other people concealing whether by printing or them telegraphing it with tells and I have said that bag has a gun in it to myself more then once but I haven't ever had to consider any of them a threat. I'm still processing this and as always YMMV.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FES313 View Post
    I have circled back to this several times and now have been able to gather my thoughts and would like to address the bolded type above. "He wasn't fooling anyone." He may not have fooled anyone that knows but for John Q Public, I don't think they have a clue and I back that up with my experience wearing a kit bag. I have a HP original V2 kit bag in foliage green and do a lot of rucking on popular trails and many times I have been asked about my neat bag, almost called a chest pack every time. I have even showed off it a few times unzipping the main compartment showing off the first aide gear, fire making essentials and cliff bars or wrappers of such depending on when I was asked. I was even asked if I thought you could carry a gun in one, once. I always direct them to the Hill People web site and I am sure many of them got a surprise when or if they did visit.

This brings me to the drift. I don't think I mind that like minded people that know "that bag has a gun in it" to know. If you are switched on enough to identify bags that are designed to conceal a firearm, I would like to think we would be like minded. I have spotted other people concealing whether by printing or them telegraphing it with tells and I have said that bag has a gun in it to myself more then once but I haven't ever had to consider any of them a threat. I'm still processing this and as always YMMV.
    I don't really care if 'the herd' knows I'm carrying unless I'm trying to get in somewhere that I'm welcome but my little friend isn't. I care if somebody who's considering doing me harm does. If I'm going to be the victim of a random crime, it's almost certainly going to be a robbery of some type (I'm not pretty enough for the other types) and that's sort of like a fire triangle. You can't have a fire if one element of the fire triangle is missing, and you don't have a crime if one element of the robbery triangle is missing. Robber(s), Victim(s), a risk vs reward the Robber(s) is willing to assault the Victim(s) over. A gun can get you targeted. I've seen it happen and detailed it here a few times. Most folks get by with not concealing because they never present themselves to someone willing to kill them over the gun. Sometimes that triangle is completed, though, and often with bad results. People get robbed on Armslist transactions, the fact you are armed doesn't dissuade some suspects and the ones it doesn't are the more dangerous ones.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I dont really care what i look like. A chest carrier is just more of a hassle. Picking up a kid, doing pushups, wearing body armor, etc

Just ordered the hpg fanny pack. I really hope it works. I got a new pair of running shoes yesterday so am going to be putting some miles on them.

Name:  20200424_135347.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  66.8 KBName:  20200424_135342.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  65.5 KB

Just got my HPG runners kit bag in. These pictures are from after my first run with it carrying a 638, my phone and a tourniquet. The bag kept tight to my chest the whole time and did well distributing the weight. It was comfortable and didn't give me any hot spots or have any uncomfortable chafing.One other thing is I felt the kit back actually helped with my posture when running. I'm pretty new to running so take my little review with a grain of salt. I think this will also be an awesome little day hike chest pack too!

EDIT: just remembered this thread was about the fanny pack, my apologies for the slight drift.

My wife uses chest-mount HPG kit bags, during volunteer work which includes disaster drills associated with CERT and the county OEM. One is “foliage” and one is the SAR-oriented red/black. (One at at a time; she does not use both at once.) At the locations and venues where weapons are forbidden, she has told me that she is a magnet for extra attention at the check points, with neither color being more nor less likely to get the attention of security types.

She does have a handgun carry license, but is using the HPG kit bags for medical supplies and/or the moulage equipment that is used to simulate injuries. She is very careful to avoid carrying a handgun where it is forbidden for a licensee to carry firearms.

I have used a kit bag less often, and have not really cared what people thought, because I have been legal, due to official status, though that does not mean I have worn them “at” people. If I remember correctly, I have usually had photography gear with me, when wearing a foliage-colored kit bag, and, with earth-toned clothing, have not turned many heads. My knees have not allowed me to really “run” for a number of years, so I have not worn a kit bag with running/jogging clothing.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Hopefully the bag gets here soon. Running with a gun in my camelback is not a good option. We always start running more this time of year.

6.5 miles today
    Name:  Resized_20200425_111959.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  45.9 KB

Got it today. Build quality goes without saying.

Does not fit a 4" k frame. M9a1 might fit. 2.75" m66 does, so does a g19.

Ill weigh out the 66 and 2 speed strips and a g19 plus a mag to see which ill wind up with. I so seldom shoot or carry my g19 i might use this as its home. I shoot it so well considering i hardly touch it.

User Tag List