Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 300BLK Gold Dots

125gr SST over a book max load of W296 from a 16” barrel. The deer was 70 yards away and stepped forward just as I fired. Hit front left leg passed thru and entered chest leaving a entry hole big enough to stick two fingers in. It didn’t exit though I never did find it. Top of heart and both lungs were junked. He was kicking, trying to get up so I shot him in the neck and that bullet passed thru ending the festivities.

The guys over at the .300 Blackout forum like the SSTs and they are extremely accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Looks like Speer is expanding their Gold Dot line.

210gr Subs: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022391565?pid=878650
    Curious about these as well.

The Hornady expanding subsonic works in gel. Sort of. It more "deforms" rather than "expands."

Has Speer figured something out or are they just making a subsonic Gold Dot for something to sell?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I wonder if the 150gr .300BLK offering is the same bullet as their 150gr .308Win offering.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
    I wonder if the 150gr .300BLK offering is the same bullet as their 150gr .308Win offering.
    Hmm. Good question. My favorite.308 is Remington’s 150gr CLUB. I’d love to see that bullet loaded into 300BLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Curious about these as well.

The Hornady expanding subsonic works in gel. Sort of. It more "deforms" rather than "expands."

Has Speer figured something out or are they just making a subsonic Gold Dot for something to sell?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Im curious too, but the listing does say...
    Optimized for peak FBI protocol performance though barrels shorter than 16 inches
    And
    Velocity Rating Subsonic

Seems as though, like everything else, we need to know the velocity threshold and then the velocity at various lengths. Neither of which seem to be readily available for any of these loads...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
    That’s what I was wondering too.

Site Supporter
    There are two item numbers for 150 grain bullets on the Speer we site:

308150BLKGDB - 300 Blackout

308150GDB - just marked .308

They have different ballistic coefficients.

https://www.speer-ammo.com/products/...caliber_s=.308

User Tag List