Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Your Department Gym Closed for Corona.

All our gyms are closed including the one in the tactical building. A lot of the equipment has been “reallocated” by the SWAT guys to personal gyms. SWAT can train in small groups. They come in once a day. Otherwise they’re working at home waiting for call outs. K9 just got approval to train again.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    6 gyms available to me are closed. Enforced by video monitoring off site. Staff is currently working on getting us our own gym, again. currently have bigger problems to worry about.

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 04-17-2020 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post

“A departmental gym”... I wish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This ^

Site Supporter
    Home Agency: Gym in the office is closed. All Firearms / DT/ UOF training is suspended. All qualifications waived for the quarter. We qualify forward so everyone is waived through the end of the 3rd quarter of the FY (June 30th).

TF Agency:

Gym in the office is closed. They allowed people to sign out kettle bells for the duration of the closure.

Firearms is doing "quick shoots" 1 to 2 hour blocks - max 8 people spread out on 30 position outdoor range. shoot 2 handgun quals and 1 or 2 carbine quals y vamanos.

All other training is cancelled.

All of my agency's gyms at HQ and the field offices are closed.

Who is Gym and why do y’all want to be inside of him?

Our Gym is open. No more than 5 officers at one time. Must spray/wipe down everything after each use.
    They are closing it for our pre hire process, and it takes longer for them to disinfect after each applicant.

KKJ- Out.

Site Supporter
    Department gyms are still open, including DT and mat room. After an initial spike in attendance it is thinning out a bit.

All in service and firearms have been cancelled. I found it ironic that the range with its air handling/ filtration system is closed, but the gyms remain open. Not complaining though, I am fortunate that I get to work out, and I have been getting back to a consistent dry fire routine.
    Polite Professional

Closed, closed a couple of weeks ago.

Opening this week...,

User Tag List