Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Your Department Gym Closed for Corona.

Is Your Department Gym Closed for Corona.

Reaching out to the Pistol Forum Law Enforcement Community.

For those of you whose department has a gym exclusively for the use of you and your fellow officers....are your gyms closed?

If your gym has managed to stay open....how is it being justified.

Thanks guys.

Stay uninfected.

Not only are all the available fitness facilities closed, we were told that there would be no in-person group training, including firearms and DT, for the rest of the FY - so nothing for us until October...

Quote Originally Posted by smells like feet View Post
    Reaching out to the Pistol Forum Law Enforcement Community.

For those of you whose department has a gym exclusively for the use of you and your fellow officers....are your gyms closed?

If your gym has managed to stay open....how is it being justified.

Thanks guys.

Stay uninfected.
    Closed for the time being. Required tests and physical training classes are waived for the time being as well.

Closed, anything requiring "intimate" contact is cancelled. Even all firearms training and qualification has been suspended, with the exception of our tactical team.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Our gym has remained open, but SWAT training has been cancelled for 6 weeks straight. All in-service training has been suspended indefinitely.

Our gym is closed. All in service training indefinitely postponed.

Quote Originally Posted by smells like feet View Post
    For those of you whose department has a gym exclusively for the use of you and your fellow officers....

“A departmental gym”... I wish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Ours closed back in mid-March.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    All Station-Level gyms are closed. The Academy Gym remains open for use by the recruits only. DT training for the recruit continues, with masks and gloves. I convinced them to reopen the range, with new procedures for cleaning and only at minimal capacity (10 maximum on a 23 lane range). We have that class coming to the range on the 28th. Social distancing is gonna be....challenging.

My old agency didn't have a gym, you were on your own. Unless you lived near the academy. The fed courthouse does have a gym, so I'm fortunate there, with my regular gym being shut down. Almost no one else uses it so that's a plus for minimizing exposure. A lot of the equipment is first generation stuff and I feel like I'm in the cast of Pumping Iron, but it gets the job done.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List