Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for recommendations on a powder scale

Looking for recommendations on a powder scale

Good afternoon,

I'm buying a Dillon XL750, and am looking for recommendations on a good powder scale. I'd like to stay in the hundred-dollar ballpark, but would go higher for something worthwhile. I would prefer an electronic scale over a beam one.

I'm going to start loading 38 Special until I get comfy, then 357, 9mm and 45 ACP. I will also eventually do precision rifle loading - 7.62, 5.56, 6.5 Creedmoor, 300 BLK.

Any recommendations for a good scale, and any I should stay away from?

I tend to be a buy once, cry once sort of person.

Thank you very much.

I've been kinda eyeballing the new Bluetooth/app controlled Frankford Arsenal, if you want to take my Hornady one which has served me well. I can just ship it in the Frankford box.
    #RESIST

Interesting, I was wondering about that one too. Natchez has these bad boys on sale for $140 off:

https://www.natchezss.com/rcbs-charg...-110-volt.html

That's above the $100 ballpark, but would definitely be handy for the precision reloading work. I'm going with the Larue 6.5 Creedmoor for the pronghorn hunt this fall.

And that Bluetooth part of reloading data libraries on the phone potentially sounds useful.

I am refurbing a Toughbook laptop for the reloading bench to store all that, but I like the phone idea. it's definitely easier to lug to the range. I got a Toughbook so I could got from the bench to the range and back.

I have had good results with my Hornady Lock N Load combination scale and powder dispenser. I think I paid $169 for mine a few years back. The price has gone up slightly, but it is well worth it.

Name:  107126050068_Auto_Charge.b572362e.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  26.0 KB

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.c...er-110220-volt

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    And that Bluetooth part of reloading data libraries on the phone potentially sounds useful.

I am refurbing a Toughbook laptop for the reloading bench to store all that, but I like the phone idea. it's definitely easier to lug to the range. I got a Toughbook so I could got from the bench to the range and back.
    Ok, but I’d be happy to put that Hornady in the mail.
    #RESIST

I’d go digital. I’ve had an RCBS scale (not a dispenser) for 16-17 years and it continues to work and the test weights were a good bonus.

My balance beam scales just collect dust.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Ok, but I’d be happy to put that Hornady in the mail.
    Gracias! If we do go that route, I would probably send some "alcohol sanitizer" northward.

Purely for health reasons, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Gracias! If we do go that route, I would probably send some "alcohol sanitizer" northward.

Purely for health reasons, of course.
    That’ll work

Just let me know if you want the Hornady.
    #RESIST

Any electronic scale in that price range will all suffer from the same minor issues with RFI interference and drift. I have a cheap RCBS electronic scale that works good enough for pistol loads. I wouldn't expect much out of a $100 electronic scale. $100 will get you into a good Ohaus manufactured beam scale.

User Tag List