Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An apology

Site Supporter
    Having eaten a fair share of crow in my time, you can color me impressed. It's never fun, but you've got my respect for doing it straight up.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

My hat’s off to you. Well done.

Site Supporter
    Now I just want to see 100 likes happen.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Now I just want to see 100 likes happen.
    Done. Wasn’t intentional either.

Way to own what you’ve done and respond in kind - I followed one thread but other then that am unaware.

Great job, I wish you the best with this and I’m proud of you man.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    I’ve been here since the beginning, I don’t remember a post with 27 (at this time) likes.
    https://pistol-forum.com/thanks.php?do=hottest

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Speaking from the moderator position, you're welcome to keep posting and I hope you find your place here.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Freely given, freely accepted.
    Thank you, I truly appreciate it. I’m also hoping you might reconsider reinstating my privileges to read and post on the unarmed combatives forum, but fully understand if you do not. Your house, your rules although I give you my word to show the proper respect if given a second chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister X View Post
    Thank you, I truly appreciate it. I’m also hoping you might reconsider reinstating my privileges to read and post on the unarmed combatives forum, but fully understand if you do not. Your house, your rules although I give you my word to show the proper respect if given a second chance.
    Well, you asked nicely. Don’t disrespect our mods there and we will be cool.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Well, you asked nicely. Don’t disrespect our mods there and we will be cool.
    Understood and thank you for the opportunity to redeem myself.

My attitude and conduct on a couple of other forums wasn’t any better than it was on here, so I felt it necessary to express my regrets and offer apologies there as well. One of the responses I felt was worth sharing...

The difference between someone who's egotistical and one who's not, is the ability to see one's self and realize that improvements can be made.

In martial arts, the color white signifies emptiness or lack of knowledge. The color black signifies fullness and knowledge. So we all start as white belts and as we gain knowledge/skill, the color darkens until it is black. An egotistical black belt believes he has reached the pinnacle once the black belt is achieved and stops learning. A true black belt keeps going. It's only when they reach black that they realize how much they don't know. As the black belt keeps training and learning the belt becomes worn and the white threads underneath start to show through again. It demonstrates that the more we know, the more we know we don't know.”

I remember being a young martial artist hungry to learn everything I could, not just at my home dojo, but I would also go to every school I came across and was always open-minded to new ideas and different methodologies.

I had the mindset of the eternal student.

However, somewhere along the path that changed and I started feeling entitled and as if I was owed something based on a history in the now distant past and when I didn’t get the respect I felt I was somehow entitled to, I became indignant, jealous and self-righteous. I became a know-it-all that lacked humility and whose mind was closed and unreceptive to the idea that others still have a great deal to offer me and that I still have a lot to learn.

Growth mindset for the win, dude.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List