Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some good news for wheelgun true believers: boot grips to return

Some good news for wheelgun true believers: boot grips to return

From my inbox today, courtesy of M DeBethancourt:

Polymer Spegel Boot Grips – After countless months of negotiations, we finally brought Craig Spegel of Spegel Boot Grip fame on board with a new revolver stock project. Craig has agreed to work with us to produce a polymer copy of his classic Boot Grip. We are currently testing a number of possible polymer materials with the folks helping us with the hammer shrouds (See below). Understandably we need to identify a material that will withstand a lifetime's exposure to gun cleaning solvents and related chemicals. Once we confirm the material we will start on the new scanning.

That is all.

Please use your influence to have the produce the pre-war three piece S&W grip adaptors. Thanks.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

This is truly most excellent news.

Second the need for grip adapters, especially the older Pachmayr type. I'll donate a sample if it helps get things off the ground.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Oh my. If I could get a set of boot grips from my square butt S&W Model 10 snubby, I wouldn't care if this was indeed the apocalypse.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

This is the best thing to happen to the round gun world since the reintroduction of the no lock 642.

Bobo is a good dude, and has been a guest in my home. I will definitely be sending him some money.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    We are currently testing a number of possible polymer materials with the folks helping us with the hammer shrouds (See below).
    Can you tell us more about the shrouds?

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

That's great news! Because I honestly cannot be arsed to pay Craig Spegel for a set of custom grips; frankly the wait is way too long for a pair of grips and Spegel's attitude gets on my nerves.

I kind of wish he'd license his designs to VZ and just be done with it. Then we could have all the grips we actually need at a reasonable price, with good quality and quickly.

Folks, I’m just a dude that follows any and everything having to do with snubs. I doubt I could influence DeBethencourt to pour himself a shot of scotch—at least, not without meeting him first.

As to shrouds, they’re doing moulding for retro D-frame Colt hammer shrouds. Just like mom used to make...

glad to hear it, last time I discussed the shrouds with him he was going to look into the option of 3D printing those

User Tag List