Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Watson Retiring

Joe Watson Retiring

I thought this would be of interest to many of you. Joe Watson posted this a few days ago on his website. He plans to ease out of knife making over the next year.

https://watson-knives.com/blogs/h/retirement-plans

I have two of Joe Watson's knives and while I am not a knife expert, they both seem like great blades. His pricing was also very reasonable given the amount of work it must take to make these. I wish him the best and I would not be opposed to picking up some factory-made blades of his design, if he goes that route.

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    I thought this would be of interest to many of you. Joe Watson posted this a few days ago on his website. He plans to ease out of knife making over the next year.

https://watson-knives.com/blogs/h/retirement-plans
    Class act post from Watson.

Class act, great knives !

We'll miss him.

To paraphrase what said above, him and his knives are class acts.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

I'm sorry to hear that, but applaud anyone making the move to retirement. He certainly has earned it.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Joe is a really good dude, and is working hard to provide a stable future for his loved ones.

He's absolutely not kidding about the hours he puts in. He's sat in my living room late at night putting a final razor edge on blades before delivering them. He just wanted to make sure they were perfect.

I'm lucky enough to have a bunch of his knives, including his early work. What some of you may not know, is that he donates a lot of outstanding pieces to help with charities. One knife he did a few weeks ago raised thousands of dollars for Fisher House. Other knives he has gifted have supported Mission 22. Being an Army combat veteran, he's helped raise tens of thousands of dollars for causes such as those.

You'd never know that, because he never talks about it. But as the saying goes: Those who know, know.

In a world full of creeps, he's a solid guy. He's now pursuing a new career in a new field, where I am positive he will continue to make a big difference.

Very, very proud of such a fine young man.

The name "Joe Watson" has been a staple in the knife industry since I got into knives. Sad to see him go but glad he is going for the right reasons. Best of luck to him.

Good for him, bad for me! I was never fortunate enough to acquire one of his fine blades, and it looks like I might not be able to as I'm sure the interest in his knives will only grow with this announcement. Anyway, best of luck to him on the way forward!

Great knives from a good guy. I have 3 that are among my favorites. He’s basically irreplaceable as a knife maker who trains. I wish him luck.

User Tag List