Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Bosch Season 6 Drops Friday, April 17 on Amazon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    No, I was referencing the 84 Prime time Emmy award nominations (winning 20) that NYPD Blue received in it's production run from 1993 to 2005. It was one of the best "cop" / drama shows of it's era. Not taking anything away from Bosch, but that show has had exactly 1 Prime Time Emmy nomination / award (for Outstanding Main Title), in 2015, as far as I know?

I mean, it's not even in the same category.

Still, like I said, I enjoy the show and it is entertaining.
    But cops don’t vote on emmys and Amazon isn’t ABC in the era when network TV still mattered. Some of that is simply the number of eyeballs getting on the show but NYPD blues success had more to do with people having the hots for Jimmy Smits etc I tried to get into it because of Dennis Franz’s prior work in Hill Street Blues but I found the show practically unwatchable.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    But cops don’t vote on emmys and Amazon isn’t ABC in the era when network TV still mattered. Some of that is simply the number of eyeballs getting on the show but NYPD blues success had more to do with people having the hots for Jimmy Smits etc I tried to get into it because of Dennis Franz’s prior work in Hill Street Blues but I found the show practically unwatchable.
    Well, that's like, your opinion man. Heh.

Hey I still remember the shootin' session with your uh "work" gun outside of San Antonio when we rolled through. By chance are you going to Tac Con in DFW next year?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Well, that's like, your opinion man. Heh.

Hey I still remember the shootin' session with your uh "work" gun outside of San Antonio when we rolled through. By chance are you going to Tac Con in DFW next year?
    Maybe. If it’s not already full.

When that gun reaches the point it need higher level rebuild it will come back as a semi auto. Hopefully with an SSA trigger and suppressor if I can finagle it. A more practical choice for work but not as fun. Especially when it’s time to dispose of Halloween pumpkins......

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Cruise turned the Reacher character into a run of the mill action hero. The movies weren't bad in and of themselves but, without a protagonist closer to the book character, they are just action movies. Surely it wouldn't have been that hard to find an actor at least somewhat similar to the book character.
    Any decent WWE competitor could have done it. They're already trained actors.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I saw a thing on the webz the other day that said The Rock had been considered for the part. He would have been probably fine for the role.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Just wrapped up Season 6 last night. Overall, I enjoyed it, and look forward to the next season. I hope that in Season 7 Harry is packing a Staccato P Duo, and his spare mags are carried with rounds facing forward. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I saw a thing on the webz the other day that said The Rock had been considered for the part. He would have been probably fine for the role.
    I kind of doubt it. The movie was a project of Cruise's production company.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I've always thought a young Nick Nolte would have been perfect for Jack Reacher.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I've always thought a young Nick Nolte would have been perfect for Jack Reacher.
    Well he did play "Jack" in 48 hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I assume that is sarcasm. I have never been impressed with any of the wrestlers turned actors. I saw some movie with Goldberg in it yesterday and he was as horrible as the rest of them, including the Crock.

User Tag List