Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Bosch Season 6 Drops Friday, April 17 on Amazon

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I assume that is sarcasm. I have never been impressed with any of the wrestlers turned actors. I saw some movie with Goldberg in it yesterday and he was as horrible as the rest of them, including the Crock.
    No, not really. How much reach as an actor would it take to play Reacher? The character has the emotional depth of a petri dish. (Caveat: I've only read a few of the books.)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    No, not really. How much reach as an actor would it take to play Reacher? The character has the emotional depth of a petri dish. (Caveat: I've only read a few of the books.)
    No doubt that is why some of them, like the Rock, do ok even though they couldn't act their way out of a paper bag. They just play in roles that don't require much of a reach. (Though I think part of the Rock's success is due to his charisma or whatever you want to call it.) I have read none of the Reacher books.

Looks like Bosch will continue after the final season:

The Bosch universe is expanding.

IMDb TV has picked up a spinoff of the long-running Amazon crime drama, with stars Titus Welliver, Mimi Rogers and Madison Lintz reprising their roles from the original series.

This comes as the seventh and final season of the show launches this summer on Amazon.

The untitled spinoff will follow Harry Bosch, played by Welliver, as he embarks on the next chapter of his career and finds himself working with his one-time enemy and top-notch attorney Honey “Money” Chandler, played by Rogers. With a deep and complicated history between this unlikely pair, they must work together to do what they can agree on — finding justice.
    https://deadline.com/2021/03/bosch-s...tz-1234705787/

I've never even heard of IMDB TV.

I knew about IMDB, wonder how many other streaming sites will pop up?
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Site Supporter
    I'm not subscribing to a new service just for a show. I'm watching Bosch and like it. Law and Order went to hell years ago when they went PC and dropped the original show. SVU stinks.

I never could get into the Reacher books. His constant self-praise as the greatest H2H dude on Earth - yawn. Also as a psychologist, his life style of being on the move and buying new clothes rather than doing the wash - that's a little disturbed and not a positive.

Cruise - blah.

I'm having a hard time finding characters that I like to read, it seems they many are all:

1. Loners
    2. Screwed up family stories
    3. Greatest shot and H2H to walk the Earth. Got sick of Spenser and Hawk praising themselves.
    4. Have friend in a basement who is the greatest hacker on Earth
    5. Fights the system or the conspiracy.
    6. Special Forces

Some characters are better than others, I like Rapp and Davenport and Dave Robicheaux - they have some depth to them but a lot of the newer ones - feh. I did like Hamish MacBeth - amusing Scottish cop.

Bosch books - didn't like the switch to being a PI.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 03-06-2021 at 01:41 PM.

@Glenn E. Meyer, you raise some valid criticisms.

Have you read Jack Carr’s books? His hero is a bit more of a “team player,” no pun intended.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    No, thanks for the tip. Just put one on the local library request list. I had a colleague who was a real SEAL. Didn't know that until I saw a significant higher end folder in his pocket and asked about it. Instead of being a secret agent, loner - he became a nice geology professor. Had another who was some medal winning Viet Nam vet working with the mountain tribes. He became a nice business professor.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 03-06-2021 at 02:37 PM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I've never even heard of IMDB TV.

I knew about IMDB, wonder how many other streaming sites will pop up?
    At this point, I have stopped caring. One can blow a moderate paycheck on all of these frigging streaming services.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I'm not subscribing to a new service just for a show.
    I was unfamiliar with IMDB TV, but according to "the Google," it's available through Amazon Prime Video, which is what Bosch was on anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I was unfamiliar with IMDB TV, but according to "the Google," it's available through Amazon Prime Video, which is what Bosch was on anyway.
    I think it has commercial interruptions...but I've not yet watched on my Fire TV stick.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List