Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front sight focus when leading a (moving) target?

Quote Originally Posted by ER_STL View Post
    I'm finding this increasingly interesting. The more dry fire I do with a SIRT the more I realize that I can hit A-zone sized targets out further than I would have originally anticipated using a target focus rather than sights-focused. I'm also finding that I can treat the trigger with contempt and still hit but that's for another thread.

Are you using anything at all as a visual reference or are you running purely off of an index that you've likely developed from a gabillion draws over the years?
    I definitely use the sights, I just look through them. A high viz sight like a ameriglo bold or trijicon hd or fiber optic front helps tremendously to be able to track the sights while you’re focusing beyond them at the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I definitely use the sights, I just look through them. A high viz sight like a ameriglo bold or trijicon hd or fiber optic front helps tremendously to be able to track the sights while you’re focusing beyond them at the target.
    I use this same method a lot. My match guns have bright green fiber optic fronts on them, which when I'm looking at the target I basically just treat the same as a red dot. Both eyes open, target focused, blurry sights, big green dot where I want bullets to go.

User Tag List