Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LARP Discussion

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    For the check they cut Costa I would have done the same. It didn’t even involve tentacles. We’ve all got a price.
    I think my price for prancing around with an airsoft would be surprisingly low.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I know my take on that was controversial back when so no idea why I'm rehashing it but you couldn't get me to play that runway game for a bunch of photakus for all the kobe beef in Japan.

Which, fortunately, is never going to come up. But man, I hate that shit.

Anyway I can tolerate a bit of larpyness in the gun game as long as nobody involved is presenting it as SERIOUS BUSINESS.

But when I encounter tubby software engineers trying awkwardly to communicate in hoarse PATMAC shouts... I have to bail.

I try to be really up front about where I'm at in life and what my reasons are for doing or not doing. Sometimes they're dumb reasons but I try never to hide them.

Of course, given my general inclination towards irresponsibility, I guess there's an case to be made that I am larping as a super accountable, high-integrity Alpha.

On the other hand, I keep making mortgage payments and investing on behalf of my kid so maybe I'm larping as a dirtbag, I don't know.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    I know my take on that was controversial back when so no idea why I'm rehashing it but you couldn't get me to play that runway game for a bunch of photakus for all the kobe beef in Japan.

Anyway I can tolerate a bit of larpyness in the gun game as long as nobody involved is presenting it as SERIOUS BUSINESS.

But when I encounter tubby software engineers trying awkwardly to communicate in hoarse PATMAC shouts... I have to bail.

I try to be really up front about where I'm at in life and what my reasons are for doing or not doing. Sometimes they're dumb reasons but I try never to hide them.

Of course, given my general inclination towards irresponsibility, I guess there's an case to be made that I am larping as a super accountable, high-integrity Alpha.

On the other hand, I keep making mortgage payments and investing on behalf of my kid so maybe I'm larping as a dirtbag, I don't know.
    Seriously? even for enough money that your family descendants would never have to work if they didn’t want to and the tentacles were like really super smoking hot.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Strange line in the sand to draw, I know. And the more detailed this becomes, the stranger I think it's going to get.

Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    We're going to need a scoring system

I totally agree, we need a scoring system to describe LARPing. Totally the best way to objectify the discussion. Generally the best way to start is to define a baseline / point zero in a binary fashion and then go from there.

So, ARs/semi rifles are near literally never used in civilian cases. Maybe literally. I've heard there were some 15 mil ARs in circulation, I don't know of any cases them being used by civilians in home / self defense. If one doesn't shoot competition with one, is owning an AR a LARPing?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post

Just to tie this thread together, I was in a very early Magpul Costa class with at least one other member of this forum present. Like 09 maybe? Can’t be sure it all runs together from those days.

In that class was a 350+ pound guy who showed up carrying at least 30 mags on his person. A full 90’s tac vest that might have been for vampire hunting. Dude had like 10 mags on drop legs. Multiple knives. In central VA in June.

He was shooting a left handed, home built, AR that couldn’t put a pair together without a malfunction.

Let’s just say he watched most of the class while being attended by the medic 🙂

Coincidentally, the AAR of that class on another forum was my first experience with web drama as the owner of the property was not happy that I had added his tardiness and general lack of preparedness to the review. I’ve generally tried to stay out of drama since. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    Just to tie this thread together, I was in a very early Magpul Costa class with at least one other member of this forum present. Like 09 maybe? Can’t be sure it all runs together from those days.

In that class was a 350+ pound guy who showed up carrying at least 30 mags on his person. A full 90’s tac vest that might have been for vampire hunting. Dude had like 10 mags on drop legs. Multiple knives. In central VA in June.

He was shooting a left handed, home built, AR that couldn’t put a pair together without a malfunction.

Let’s just say he watched most of the class while being attended by the medic 🙂

Coincidentally, the AAR of that class on another forum was my first experience with web drama as the owner of the property was not happy that I had added his tardiness and general lack of preparedness to the review. I’ve generally tried to stay out of drama since. 🙂
    That sounds hilarious. The time I trained with Travis was a solid group of dudes, not long before he split from Magpul. What was the medic attending to? Was dude having a heart attack lol?

I can sorta understand all the mags maybe, cuz I hate reloading. But..... knives?

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I totally agree, we need a scoring system to describe LARPing. Totally the best way to objectify the discussion. Generally the best way to start is to define a baseline / point zero in a binary fashion and then go from there.

So, ARs/semi rifles are near literally never used in civilian cases. Maybe literally. I've heard there were some 15 mil ARs in circulation, I don't know of any cases them being used by civilians in home / self defense. If one doesn't shoot competition with one, is owning an AR a LARPing?
    Um.... Sutherland Springs Church shooting?

Pretty sure ARs are used in many instances of home defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    That sounds hilarious. The time I trained with Travis was a solid group of dudes, not long before he split from Magpul. What was the medic attending to? Was dude having a heart attack lol?

I can sorta understand all the mags maybe, cuz I hate reloading. But..... knives?
    The guy was a heat casualty. The class AI was a 20th group medic who was filling in for Haley who had a family thing. The class was billed as advanced and shooters were fairly high level for that time. Lot of local competitors etc. came out and a group of PJs who were sent around to civilian classes for before teaching.

User Tag List