Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New products from CHPWS

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I can’t wrap my mind around how a polymer plate is going to hold up over time to heat and recoil............

I have a CH V3 plate now, and while I’m happy with it, I think the same exact design in a steel version would have been ideal.
    As I first read this, I started off thinking 'this is exactly my intuition'! Then I thought 'wait....all my guns are made out of polymer and it's what is ultimately responsible for holding the heavy-ass slide on the gun.'

I imagine this is what everybody thought about polymer use in pistol frames to begin with. Perhaps the correct polymer application may be equally as useful for mounting the relatively lighter-weight RDS to the slide? I'm glad someone is working to find out.

For the record, I'm not trying to be critical, or dickish, I just thought it was quite humorous how my mind tried to wrap itself around this concept. Was trying to convey light-hearted tone and not sarcasm.
    Last edited by frozentundra; 04-15-2020 at 11:25 AM.

V4 Defender's doing their Job.

If you're following this thread and you know me / us here at C&H, we pull no punches - Good or Bad. In the past week we've been notified by three different respected V4 Defender Testers that they broke the window frame off the Optic Mount. One guy send a video and said "Oh! There is a failure. Cut the camera off". Two others send a message saying "Broke it".

Here are the facts so you can decide for yourselves:

1. They were all doing things to their pistol that you typically wouldn't do or shouldn't do to their pistol mounted optic on purpose, however, for T&E we expect it and asked them to do it
    2. The Defender did its job. It took the blow or blows, protected the optic until IT broke / failed so that the optic wouldn't break or fail.
    3. They retained zero even after being beat on, abused or dropped.
    3. The price of a Defender has a built in lifetime warranty. You break it, we replace it. This is what I want to do in order to set us apart from others. Why do people love Vortex Optics so much? It's not that they are heads above everyone else in quality, but they have an amazing warranty.

So, is the Defender Design perfect right now - No, absolutely not.

But, Are we already making improvements - We are always making improvements and pushing the boundaries of new and innovative ideas. If we didn't have this mindset, we weren't we'd still be trying to pimp out crappy V1 plates....

Vr

Buck

Welcome to the #boomsquad !🇺🇸

Good post. I like the transparency and will be ordering.

I don't even have a MOS glock, but talking with a couple members about the CHPWS plates, and I'm leaning toward ordering a 19.5 just to use the plate

I was going to wait for the trade in program, but I think instead I’ll order a Defender now and hang on to my V3 for the moment. I think it will make it a lot harder to smudge the front of the lens.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

The surface finish on the plates makes me think CHPWS is 3D printing these; any chance these are off of an HP Multijet fusion machine? If so, the materials that those machines run, Nylon PA11/12/12 with glass beads, would be a pretty good fit for this application IMO. These materials have a good blend of stiffness, impact resistance, and heat deflection temperature. Also, 3D printing these would allow CHPWS to quickly iterate and adapt the design if field issues are reported (or new pistol RDS are developed).

I've gotten several test parts from Multijet fusion machines at work, and used them in functional prototyping; I've been very impressed with their durability. I hope CHPWS makes one of these that fits the upcoming Holosun 407K.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Supercruise View Post
    The surface finish on the plates makes me think CHPWS is 3D printing these; any chance these are off of an HP Multijet fusion machine? If so, the materials that those machines run, Nylon PA11/12/12 with glass beads, would be a pretty good fit for this application IMO. These materials have a good blend of stiffness, impact resistance, and heat deflection temperature. Also, 3D printing these would allow CHPWS to quickly iterate and adapt the design if field issues are reported (or new pistol RDS are developed).

I've gotten several test parts from Multijet fusion machines at work, and used them in functional prototyping; I've been very impressed with their durability. I hope CHPWS makes one of these that fits the upcoming Holosun 407K.
    There is a 407K sitting on my desk right now. An it's not on a pistol, but it will be shortly....

I'm shopping for a new Glock and debating between getting a standard model and getting it milled vs going with the MOS + CHPWS plate. How do these plates compare in terms of durability to a direct milled slide or other modular plate systems like the Agency AOS? I realize direct milled will probably be stronger, but I want to know if that difference will actually be noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by js475 View Post
    I'm shopping for a new Glock and debating between getting a standard model and getting it milled vs going with the MOS + CHPWS plate. How do these plates compare in terms of durability to a direct milled slide or other modular plate systems like the Agency AOS? I realize direct milled will probably be stronger, but I want to know if that difference will actually be noticeable.
    Previously I would have recommended a direct mill, but I have not found a downside to using an aftermarket plate like C&H or FCD other than needing slightly taller co-witness sights. The advantage is you will be able to update to different optic footprints over time as the industry either adopts a standard or a new/better optic comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by js475 View Post
    Until recently, the Direct Milled path was always best. The MOS Plates give you the flexibility to move to a new optic system in the future which is good. The new V4 Defender gives you and your optic a level of protection never seen before in the Red Dot industry.

Regardless who's plate you use (I vote for the CHPWS ones) you're much better off then with the OEM ones. It's not a matter of if your red dot will come off but when and you don't want to wear an eye patch for the rest of you life.

Buck

User Tag List