Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New products from CHPWS

Buck from CH Precision Weapons was on “moderated” status, due to being a new member, and unfortunately I didn’t realize it until just now. I could see his posts but they didn’t show in his thread. Will work to get that quickly changed so he can post without me having to approve each of his posts.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I can’t wrap my mind around how a polymer plate is going to hold up over time to heat and recoil. I’m sure it works fine for racking the slide off it, but let’s be honest, that need exists primarily in tactical fantasy camp. I like the concept of the steel T-posts, but I think I’d be more comfortable with an all steel design like the FCD plate.

I have a CH V3 plate now, and while I’m happy with it, I think the same exact design in a steel version would have been ideal.
    All good Points. We have maintained the Aluminum version specifically for MIL/LEO applications or for shooters that have more confidence in a metal plate. Whether it's steel or aluminum isn't much or any difference, it's the mounting hardware that's critical.

The Polymer versions were developed for three reasons:
    1. Hit a price point on the Recce Version for people that would otherwise run an OEM plate but want something better.
    2. We can make shapes that are not able to be machined as in the Defender.
    3. The polymer transfers less shock to the RDS and until we know more, it could lead to longer life cycles of an RDS is a very harsh environment.

Could it be an epic failure - Of Course but we're learning things everyday and pushing the bounds of science in an effort to deliver better products for shooters and make red dots more durable.

#boom

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Buck from CH Precision Weapons was on “moderated” status, due to being a new member, and unfortunately I didn’t realize it until just now. I could see his posts but they didn’t show in his thread. Will work to get that quickly changed so he can post without me having to approve each of his posts.
    Thanks!

We've never been heavily involved in forums due to time constraints and some negative experiences in the past.

I see this forum is much better suited to passing info and honest discussions.

#boom

Quote Originally Posted by CH Precision Weapons View Post
    All good Points. We have maintained the Aluminum version specifically for MIL/LEO applications or for shooters that have more confidence in a metal plate. Whether it's steel or aluminum isn't much or any difference, it's the mounting hardware that's critical.

1. Hit a price point on the Recce Version for people that would otherwise run an OEM plate but want something better.
    3. The polymer transfers less shock to the RDS and until we know more, it could lead to longer life cycles of an RDS is a very harsh environment.

Could it be an epic failure - Of Course but we're learning things everyday and pushing the bounds of science in an effort to deliver better products for shooters and make red dots more durable.

#boom
    This sounds great, really good response. Look forward to all this hitting the market and being tested and vetted. I have gone with all direct mill so far but could see being tempted to try an optic ready pistol for once.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Good to see you here, Buck! I like your products, and am happy to see your company pushing the boundaries a little. I really do like the concept of the Defender plate, and am very likely to replace my V3 with one. Will the trade-in promotion kick off today, too?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I normally replace the screws that mount the RDS to the plate every time I change the battery on my RMRs. Do you sell replacement screws or are they readily available elsewhere? Is replacing screws with re-mounting even necessary with your new plates? Thanks for a very attractive product.

CHPWS did an IG live thing detsiling the v4, didnt see it, just saw a note from a repost from Jedi.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CH Precision Weapons View Post

#boom
    Thanks for the reply! As I’ve expressed here in previous threads, I’ve been thrilled with the V3 plate and have seen a tremendous advantage over the stock MOS plates, so I’m interested to give some of these a try. I’ve even seen a potential accuracy improvement over stock plates as described here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?

I know you’ve had contact with some others from my agency in the Virginia area, but I am local to you in Savannah and I believe we even shoot at the same club near Richmond Hill, so I’d like to introduce myself some time in person.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Thanks for the reply! As I’ve expressed here in previous threads, I’ve been thrilled with the V3 plate and have seen a tremendous advantage over the stock MOS plates, so I’m interested to give some of these a try. I’ve even seen a potential accuracy improvement over stock plates as described here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?

I know you’ve had contact with some others from my agency in the Virginia area, but I am local to you in Savannah and I believe we even shoot at the same club near Richmond Hill, so I’d like to introduce myself some time in person.

Thanks!
    You are always welcome to come by the shop and check things out. Door is always open to like minded people that do real stuff.

Buck

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    I normally replace the screws that mount the RDS to the plate every time I change the battery on my RMRs. Do you sell replacement screws or are they readily available elsewhere? Is replacing screws with re-mounting even necessary with your new plates? Thanks for a very attractive product.
    We do sell extra screws and we too encourage people to change the $2 worth of screws along with the $2 battery every year. Small price to pay for confidence in your configuration.

User Tag List