Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New products from CHPWS

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    That is exciting, thanks for sharing.

The only real info I ever found about CHPWS was some giant derp thread over on AR15.com where arm chair engineers debated the functionality of their plates vs the MOS plates...
    And this is the main reason we at CHPWS don't do Forums. However, This time we were asked to participate and the first interaction was great. I pray this is the norm. We can deal with rational people that do real things.

#boom

Thanks for boosting visibility on this - I posted in the big thread, more people will see it here. I think a Defender for RMR is in my future...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

#boom

This is how novice we are to Forums. We don't even know how to reply, answer or comment.

Buck

Is it just me, or are these thinner (lower profile) than the V3?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

#boom

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just hung up from speaking with Buck Holly, head dude at CHPWS. They have three very exciting new products, for mounting red dot optics to pistol slides. They are all V4, which reflect the fourth evolution of their product. All three products incorporate their new stainless hardware, with Torx heads, and resistant to over torquing and stripping. They will be making these products for all the pistols they support.

Product 1 is a polymer plate. Buck believes polymer has ideal properties for mitigating force on the red dot optic.

Product 2 is a metal plate.

Product 3 is a polymer plate with a polymer frame that protects the front lens of the optic, by creating offset. When you manipulate the slide by the optic, now the force will be transmitted to the polymer frame and not the front lens. These will be specific to each optic. I hope to have some pictures up soon. Their official launch is tomorrow. I have asked Buck to join this thread to provide additional information.
    This is a fantastic way to start a post and a relationship. Thanks for the support.

BH

I can’t wrap my mind around how a polymer plate is going to hold up over time to heat and recoil. I’m sure it works fine for racking the slide off it, but let’s be honest, that need exists primarily in tactical fantasy camp. I like the concept of the steel T-posts, but I think I’d be more comfortable with an all steel design like the FCD plate.

I have a CH V3 plate now, and while I’m happy with it, I think the same exact design in a steel version would have been ideal.

Very interested in this. Polymers can be incredibly strong and also aid in heat transfer. They act as much less of a heat sink. I like the guard for the front of the optic as well. I can see a argument on how this might be a epic failure. But it is all in production and material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Polymer

We have maintained an aluminum version for people that desire the benefits of metal parts. The Polymer version has proven incredibly durable and has benefits as well.

More to come.

Really cool thread. FB has been insisting that I “might know” Buck, maybe this is why
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by CH Precision Weapons View Post
    And this is the main reason we at CHPWS don't do Forums. However, This time we were asked to participate and the first interaction was great. I pray this is the norm. We can deal with rational people that do real things.

#boom
    That’s how we roll at this forum. Holler if you need anything.
    #RESIST

User Tag List