Thread: New MOS Gen 5 with 507C V2

New MOS Gen 5 with 507C V2

Just picked up a Gen 5 Glock 19 MOS, installed a Holosun 507C Version2 on a C&H precision plate. I used screws from Big Tex to mount the plate to the gun and C&H screws for optic to plate. (I used blue loctite 243 and the torque settings on wheeler fat wrench from a previous thread). Now to zero it this weekend, my plan is to make it my primary training/match gun. Crosses fingers all will go well.

just got an email from C&H Precision V4 plates will be launched tommorrow around 10am EST

Update: Installed a Ghost 3.5 connector, Vickers Mag release and a grip plug. Took to range, zeroed at 10 yds, then practiced draw and two shots to 5 in circle at 5 yds. I set my time up for a 1.8Sec par time. Played around with the different reticle options. I prefer the single 2moa dot. Used the auto brightness feature as well as the manual mode. No issues outside with the auto brightness. When i dry fire in the garage the auto brightness becomes way to dim. I default to manual mode. I am using Duracell 1632 Batteries, per recommendation of other people running 2032 batteries. I will try more drills this weekend as well as local IDPA matches. I plan on running this in a Langdon class this fall.
    Now to decide if i want to sell off one or two other Non-Red Dot Glocks to fund another G19 MOS with optic as a spare.

Interesting note, I trimmed down a medium back strap to make it more of a GFA type. when I install it, during dry fire the Dot appears to present more consistently. I will try this on a timer with various drills to check this, I don't find this an issue with my Gen5 17 MOS with DPP on them. Wondering if anyone else has observed this.

I installed a Grip Force Adapter on my 19MOS. Still experimenting, but live and dry fire yielded more consistent presentations and better recoil control.

This weekend I will run more drill with the modified medium backstrap in place to see if it will become permanent. So far i like the Holosun, no issues yet with it. I like the side battery compartment, don't have to remove optic to replace. I have witnesses marked the Plate to gun, plate to optic and optic mounting screws, all holding. I am admitingly not a high round count shooter though.

Pistol/optic and plate are holding well, no issues with movement (Witness marks haven't moved), no loss/shifting of zero. Scores on drill going up. (Vickers the test, Dot torture, Dave spaulding various drills). Overall I am digging the dot/gun combo. Thinking of trading in one of my Gen4 G19s to get another Gen 5 MOS with the Holosun 507CV2 optic combo, that way I can have a back up and make the switch permanently. Next major step is to attend a dedicated MRDS class to get specific training. Hopefully the Langdon class i signed up for in Sept will still be a go.

User Tag List