Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KS-47 feedback?

KS-47 feedback?

I found ~1K of 7.62x39 and a couple of AK mags I sort of forgot I had. I’m not really interested in getting back into the AK world again and I’ve been considering assembling a 7.62x39 AR. Everything I’ve read over the years indicates the mags and extractors are the weak links there.

Poking around the ‘net reminded me of the PSA KS-47. I’m thinking about one of the complete lowers now and building the upper later.

Anyone here running one or have feedback from actually using one?

Thanks!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Nuthin’? Am I going to have to be the sap guinea pig here?

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I have two KS47s. I love them. I have three AKs and I prefer the KS47s because they're more accurate and they just have a better feel to me. The ONLY thing I don't like is the lack of a bolt hold open feature.

Site Supporter
    What are the thoughts on the KS-47 vs the CMMG Mutant ?

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    If you want an AK that’s not an AK, there’s always the Sig 556R. It’s not quite an AR either.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    If you want an AK that’s not an AK, there’s always the Sig 556R. It’s not quite an AR either.
    Ew, no. ZERO support for that.

My best friend has a KS47. It blew the extractor out after less than 1k rounds.

PSA warrantied the issue and sent him a new bolt carrier group.

He has a devil dog arms side charging setup on it. Its actually a really nice rifle but I feel like we need to do some more tuning as i can more accurately and faster shoot an AK47. There's potential there but it will need some tweaking which he has yet to do.

If you're not too worried about money and want to give one a try, go for it. PSA will back you if there is an issue.

Alright, I've got one of these on order: PSA Gen2 KS47 Complete Classic Shockwave Lower Receiver. If the Father's Day Fairy is good to me, I'll pick up a 10.5" upper then.

I really wanted to jump into the world of the .300BLK but since I've already got over 1K of 7.62x39 on hand it just doesn't make sense for me.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Alright, I've got one of these on order: PSA Gen2 KS47 Complete Classic Shockwave Lower Receiver. If the Father's Day Fairy is good to me, I'll pick up a 10.5" upper then.

I really wanted to jump into the world of the .300BLK but since I've already got over 1K of 7.62x39 on hand it just doesn't make sense for me.
    You've just delayed the inevitable

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    Discontinued.
    #RESIST

Yeah, the SIG stuff is a way deeper pool than I want to wade into from the initial buy in to mags and “just in case” parts. It’s super cool though, I won’t deny that!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    You've just delayed the inevitable
    Probably #truth but I’m committed to the x39 path now.

If I eventually convince myself I don’t ever want to get back into .308 again, I might try to sell/trade my stash of SA battlepacks for .300 and 6.5G ammo. I just...can’t...let...go...yet...

User Tag List