Thread: Eye and Hearing Protection for Small Children?

Site Supporter

Eye and Hearing Protection for Small Children?

I apologize if this has already come up, but does anyone have any specific recommendations for properly fitting eye and hearing protection for small children (e.g., 5-7 years old)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

https://earinc.com/product-category/...en-pediatrics/

I think I saw eye protection on there in the past also.

I have had good luck with AAC and SWR/Silencerco! 😝

My kid was able to handle ear plugs when he was 4 or 5 and it didn't go too bad.

I would be tempted to try and search on a Japanese domestic supplier of eye and ear pro (and I'm not sure that exists, tbh).

Generally, from an Anthropometric point of view, Japanese have smaller body dimensions, as compared to a typical NA male or female. You may be able to locate a part no. or supplier who can source ear pro for smaller users for your use i.e. kids?
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught.
    — J. C. Watts

My wife gets Mack’s wax/ silicone earplugs for my 8 year old daughter. When she shoots her pistol in NSSF we double up with Peltor Jr muffs.

Site Supporter
    I got these for my 3 year olds - now 4:

https://www.amazon.com/Peltor-Sport-...s%2C345&sr=1-2

https://www.amazon.com/Childs-Safety...fsclp_pl_dp_14

Used for power tool use - blowers, impact drivers, and other helping Papa with the homestead tasks. Sometimes the ear pro is used when one brother is being too loud.

I was surprised how well they fit and stay on.

Pro Ears ReVO line has kid-sized passive and electronic options in fun colors. When I was grabbing some EWL a couple months ago I saw them for a great price on the Slip2000 store and grabbed some for my daughter. She's only used them a few times while helping me out in my shop but they seem fine so far.

I bought her a set of these for eye protection. Had I read more closely I would have realized they are basically adult sized lenses with adjustable ear pieces, but that said, she loves them and they have good coverage. I was also going to try this pair but they were not in stock at the time. While grabbing those links to post I also saw these (also in colors) pop up in the related products section, they look good too.

User Tag List