Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: S&W lock "plug"... seller gone crazy?

Without her meds, my friend's 42 year old daughter believes her two main hallucinations are real.

Her main one is her brain was removed when she was 11, copied at 90% accuracy, and the defective copy replaced into her skull. Repeat several times.
    Her original brain is under the Denver airport, running a group of computers for the government. Think of the old Star Trek episode, "Spock's Brain" and that's pretty much it.

Her other one is that "the government has injected her with "nanobots" that have "destroyed my brain", and that's what made her schizophrenic.

Looking back, she had some minor symptoms all along, but managed to somehow end up second in her high school class, but college, on a full ride to be a neurosurgeon, pushed her over the edge, and that was the end of a lot of things in her life. Now she lives above her parent's garage, and smokes a LOT of cigarettes. As long as she's taking the meds, she knows the two scenarios are bogus, but when she goes off them, the voices are convincing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemiram View Post
    Without her meds, my friend's 42 year old daughter believes her two main hallucinations are real.

Her main one is her brain was removed when she was 11, copied at 90% accuracy, and the defective copy replaced into her skull. Repeat several times.
    Her original brain is under the Denver airport, running a group of computers for the government. Think of the old Star Trek episode, "Spock's Brain" and that's pretty much it.

Her other one is that "the government has injected her with "nanobots" that have "destroyed my brain", and that's what made her schizophrenic.

Looking back, she had some minor symptoms all along, but managed to somehow end up second in her high school class, but college, on a full ride to be a neurosurgeon, pushed her over the edge, and that was the end of a lot of things in her life. Now she lives above her parent's garage, and smokes a LOT of cigarettes. As long as she's taking the meds, she knows the two scenarios are bogus, but when she goes off them, the voices are convincing.
    Adult onset schizophrenia disproportionately emerges between the ages of late teens and early twenties; it's observed consistently but to my knowledge medical science still doesn't know exactly why.

It's pretty impressive they found a med cocktail for her that actually keeps the delusions in check; most folk who are in free-fall without meds are only marginally assisted with them, at best. Then there's the ones who aren't on any meds, have hallucinations or delusions, but they're marginal enough that they can still more or less function in day-to-day life.

Anyway, God bless your friend's daughter and pray she stays on her meds.

But brain removal and replacement? Nanobots? Ridiculous. It's the detrimental robots, of course; deros, to those in the know.

(It's fascinating how narratives the seriously mentally ill develop are so often indicative of the brain attempting to explain to itself why it isn't working correctly.)
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post
    Adult onset schizophrenia disproportionately emerges between the ages of late teens and early twenties; it's observed consistently but to my knowledge medical science still doesn't know exactly why.

It's pretty impressive they found a med cocktail for her that actually keeps the delusions in check; most folk who are in free-fall without meds are only marginally assisted with them, at best. Then there's the ones who aren't on any meds, have hallucinations or delusions, but they're marginal enough that they can still more or less function in day-to-day life.

But brain removal and replacement? Nanobots? Ridiculous. It's the detrimental robots, of course; deros, to those in the know.

(It's fascinating how narratives the seriously mentally ill develop are so often indicative of the brain attempting to explain to itself why it isn't working correctly.)
    The weird thing about her was she had the nanobot thing going in her head when she was 11 or so, it's in a journal she kept. Her parents never read it closely until years after she was diagnosed and had been arrested several times. On a trip to Disney World, she saw tiny cars and things on the ground moving, and wrote about tiny robots attacking her mind. But she kept herself together until she went to college and fell apart. When their 3 kids were growing up, she was "perfect", the youngest daughter was the problem kid. Now, that youngest daughter and her husband have a business they own, a huge house, a little daughter and 4 dogs and life is great for her, but until she was out of high school, she was in trouble constantly. About the only thing she didn't do was get pregnant. Shoplifting, stealing from neighbors, out of cars, fighting, drinking at 14, she did it all. By the time college came along, she was doing fine. The middle kid, the son, was kind of ignored, as he was generally happy and stayed under the radar and never got into trouble much at all.

The schizoprenic daughter has stayed on her meds, this time, longer than any previous period, and she's doing well, but as always when someone takes those drugs, she's kind of "flat". And it seems like the better the meds work, and the more normal(for lack of a better term) she seems to be, the smoking impulse increases. They changed her meds about 2 years ago, and while she seems to have regained some of her old spark, she wants to smoke even more. At one point when she was off her meds and self medicating with booze and pot, etc, between arrests, she said she was smoking 5 packs a day! She's currently down to 2+ a day, which leaves her complaining she "Needs more cigarettes!". When she is off meds totally, she doesn't want to smoke much, but is totally paranoid, and has a hair trigger thinking she "is going to be murdered" by her parents, sister, and brother. Her last arrest was when she attacked an off duty cop who was eating with his wife in a restaurant, sitting in uniform. That incident cost my friend and his wife a LOT of money to get her out of. She's been on her meds continually since then, and her main complaint is feeling "dead inside", but right now, she makes jokes and seems to be able to enjoy life, and smoking.

I would guess that the smoking as many packs a day as she can will be what kills her eventually. I just get near her and start clearing my throat, coughing, etc. Her daughter, who was adopted by her grandparents won't go into a room with her as she can't stand the smell, so they talk outside. At least they are talking again and generally getting along after a long estrangement. That kid had a rough 4 years with mom after she was born. Dad is nowhere to be found most of the time, he's just a plain old drunk, and the fact she was actually in decent shape physically when Child Protection grabbed her up is kind of impressive in itself.

Thanks for the reply. Didn't mean to drone on above..

The weird thing about her was she had the nanobot thing going in her head when she was 11 or so, it's in a journal she kept. Her parents never read it closely until years after she was diagnosed and had been arrested several times. On a trip to Disney World, she saw tiny cars and things on the ground moving, and wrote about tiny robots attacking her mind. But she kept herself together until she went to college and fell apart. When their 3 kids were growing up, she was "perfect", the youngest daughter was the problem kid. Now, that youngest daughter and her husband have a business they own, a huge house, a little daughter and 4 dogs and life is great for her, but until she was out of high school, she was in trouble constantly. About the only thing she didn't do was get pregnant. Shoplifting, stealing from neighbors, out of cars, fighting, drinking at 14, she did it all. By the time college came along, she was doing fine. The middle kid, the son, was kind of ignored, as he was generally happy and stayed under the radar and never got into trouble much at all.

The schizoprenic daughter has stayed on her meds, this time, longer than any previous period, and she's doing well, but as always when someone takes those drugs, she's kind of "flat". And it seems like the better the meds work, and the more normal(for lack of a better term) she seems to be, the smoking impulse increases. They changed her meds about 2 years ago, and while she seems to have regained some of her old spark, she wants to smoke even more. At one point when she was off her meds and self medicating with booze and pot, etc, between arrests, she said she was smoking 5 packs a day! She's currently down to 2+ a day, which leaves her complaining she "Needs more cigarettes!". When she is off meds totally, she doesn't want to smoke much, but is totally paranoid, and has a hair trigger thinking she "is going to be murdered" by her parents, sister, and brother. Her last arrest was when she attacked an off duty cop who was eating with his wife in a restaurant, sitting in uniform. That incident cost my friend and his wife a LOT of money to get her out of. She's been on her meds continually since then, and her main complaint is feeling "dead inside", but right now, she makes jokes and seems to be able to enjoy life, and smoking.

I would guess that the smoking as many packs a day as she can will be what kills her eventually. I just get near her and start clearing my throat, coughing, etc. Her daughter, who was adopted by her grandparents won't go into a room with her as she can't stand the smell, so they talk outside. At least they are talking again and generally getting along after a long estrangement. That kid had a rough 4 years with mom after she was born. Dad is nowhere to be found most of the time, he's just a plain old drunk, and the fact she was actually in decent shape physically when Child Protection grabbed her up is kind of impressive in itself.

Thanks for the reply. Didn't mean to drone on above..
    Smoking may be reducing the amount of antipsychotic in her bloodstream. Antipsychotics are generally dopamine antagonists/blockers, and nicotine gives a strong but very brief "hit" on the dopamine receptors. Nicotine may reduce antipsychotic side-effects, which can be pretty nasty. Looks like this is common:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19794359

My heart goes out to your friend and his family.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post

It's really fascinating when one person's delusions get blown up into a whole mythos.

Name:  30512(2).jpg
Views: 870
Size:  42.5 KB

Poor Shaver had a host of issues he was trying to get under control, judging by his stories.

IMO, "Elves" and similar critters probably became stories in much the same way that the Dero and Tero became part of pop culture for a bit.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

My brother has adult onset schizophrenia. I love the dude and it’s heartbreaking. I remember him normal and then the change.

Top of class in high school, honors in college and then just changed in his junior year...Still hyper intelligent too, it’s so damn weird. Too smart.

He manages with pills, but cannot hold down jobs as stress causes him to rant. His rants become very strange very quick and make people very uncomfortable sadly.

Put prayers they figure this out someday... wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

We are still exploring a guardianship with the state as he no longer takes care of himself as his level of depression is on a different level. He knows he’s nuts and nothing can really fix it . Just wanted to comment, as some people just draw the short straw. Felt like sharing .. never really do on this one.

(Be kind to people , you never know their situation and people are always so damn tough on him. Drives me bonkers)

Sidebar: He smokes like a chimney says it levels him out.
    Last edited by Nicodimas; 05-05-2020 at 05:11 PM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

Those things seem to have a tendency to blossom at college. I know a guy who, as a college freshman, stripped off his clothes and climbed a construction crane to try to terrorize the demons inside him into submission. The wrinkle there was the psychiatrist asked him if he was trying to frighten the demons into leaving. He said no, he knew they wouldn't, but he wanted them to pay rent.

In his most recent novel, Craig Johnson had Standing Bear say: "It is difficult to confront madness, because insanity is a stranger to reason and any reasonable response would be insane."
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Another option

Bottom of page.

K/L/N blued or stainless

J blued or stainless

https://sightpushertool.com/shop-online
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Yup... dude is definitely an odd duck LOL.
    I'll give him big props, his product is great and his shipping speed was instant.

But this was hand written on the box in red Sharpie...

Name:  wtf.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  51.6 KB

"For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I have good news and bad news but both are the same thing. Our boy updated his sight since the protests and riots kicked off. A lot of good ramblings and crazed formatting have been lost:

http://web.archive.org/web/202008190...precision.html

But we at least now have this!

"DUE TO THE CURRENT SIEGE WARFARE BY THE COMMUNIST BIOLOGICAL WEAPON ATTACK VIA THE CHINA VIRUS ON THE FRONT LINES AND THE REAR SNEAK ATTACK IN THE FINANCIAL SECTOR BY COMMUNIST INFILTRATORS IN THE U.S. MARKETS

THIS IS TEXBOOK CASUS BELLI FOLKS THERFOR.
    I HEREBY DECLARE WAR ON COMMUNISM."

User Tag List